Chapter XLVI

Lisa's POV

"So, unnie. You decided to stop your studies just to provide for Jennie unnie?" Chaeyoung asked as she sips on her cappuccino.

I nodded my head and smiled to her. "Yep. The four of us won't survive if we will just let Jisoo do all the work. We also need to help each other. Besides, the principal messaged me the day after we left at the mansion that father told them to kicked me out of the school." I paused as I played with my coffee. "I'm actually glad that he didn't take Jennie's scholarship away from her. She can still finish her studies there." I added and glanced at Chaeyoung.

We're currently sitting in Uncle's office inside of his company.

He told me to come here to discuss the work he will give to me. Sakto naman na nandito si Chaeyoung dahil wala siyang klase ngayon. She knew everything as well. Hindi ko na tinanong kung paano nila nalaman. News flashes so fast. Especially when it comes to our family.

"Do you know why your father didn't do that?" Chaeyoung asked that made me look at her with confusion.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Nope." I answered.

She put down her cappuccino and stared at me with a serious face.

"It's because Mina unnie told him not to." She announced earning a surprise look at me. "What? Why would she do that?" I asked.

As far as I know, Mina doesn't care about Jennie and they barely see nor know each other.

Does it only mean that she really changed?

But Mina is really a kind-hearted girl even before. Maybe she just wants to help Jennie.

"Unnie, you know Mina unnie still loves you. Maybe she knew how much you care about Jennie unnie so she kinda thought of helping her." Chaeyoung answered.

I smiled automatically knowing that Mina is still the Mina I know. She cares about the people around her.

Maybe I should pay her a visit to thank her personally.

"I think I should thank her personally for doing that." Chaeyoung smiles to me and gave me a thumbs up and we both chuckled.

The laughter went down when we heard a knock from the office's door. It opened and revealed my uncle.

"Uncle!" I happily stood up and gave him a warm hug.

Chaeyoung did the same and Uncle chuckled softly at us.

"Aigo! My two babies are here, I see. Where's your sister, Lisa?" He asked as he hugged me back and Chaeyoung.

Jisoo is at work as of the moment, Jennie is at school. So, my sister is alone in the apartment. She doesn't want to go outside eh.

"Oh, she's at the apartment, Uncle. Organizing some.. stuffs." I answered as I let go of the hug.

He nodded. "Oh really? Tell her I missed her, too." He smiled to me and I nodded in return.

We walked and sat on the chairs in front of Uncle's table while Uncle sat on his swivel chair.

"Okay. Let's proceed to your work, Lisa." He smiled to me and I smiled back.

Chaeyoung glances at me and gave me an excited smile.

"I know how much you love dancing and singing, Lisa. And trust me, you're the best at it. Besides, you already had an experience at running a company. So I decided to give you all the rights to run my entertainment company." Uncle announced that made my mouth agape in surprise.