Chapter XXXIX

Mina's POV

"It's been a month, Mina. No improvements? Still the same cold Lisa?" My girl best friend asked.

I sighed and stared at Lisa's empty table. She went outside for an hour now to go somewhere with her girlfriend. I really wanted to stop her from going out of the office and go to her girlfriend, but what can I do? She's still mad at me.

"Yeah. Even if she's here next to me, she still seems so far away from me. It's like she built the most harder wall to break between us. She never talked to me if it wasn't about business. We've been working in the same office room for the whole month but we never ate together nor she didn't even bother to invite me. She can't even look at me in the eyes. It hurts a lot..." I lowly mumbled as I controlled my tears.

In the past month that we've been working together, i tried to talk to her. To explain my side. To let her know that I only did what I thought was the best for us— for her. But I was wrong.

Jimin was my first best friend before I met Lisa. We used to play together everyday until I didn't notice that I'm actually falling for him. A year before I met Lisa, we became official.

Everything was smooth at first. It was more likely a fairytale.

Jimin was a man with full of dreams. Full of ambitions. He wanted everything to be perfect for himself. At first, I thought he just wanted us to be official because he truly loved me. But after he knew that I am an heir, he changed.

He became possessive over anything and everything. He didn't want me to communicate to other people aside from him. Because he said he was afraid that I might fall for someone else. I believed him because I loved him so much.

A year later, Jimin and his family went to the city to visit their relatives for a month. That's when I met Lisa.

Lisa was very caring and loving kid. She made me laugh on her silly jokes and facial expressions. We played everyday in our favorite place in our province, the garden. I admired how Lisa loves nature. At that time, I only thought of her as a sister and nothing more. I cared for her and loved her as a sibling that I never had.

But unfortunately, she misunderstood it. She thought I loved her romantically.

Years after, she confessed to me in our house with my dad and her dad watching over us. I don't know what to react that day when I saw my dad's genuine and pure smile. I love my parents so much and I never wanted to disobeyed them. So when I saw my dad nodded, I bit my lower lip and lied to Lisa.

That night, I confessed everything to Jimin when he visited me after Lisa and her Dad left.

I thought he would be mad at me. I thought he would yelled at me. But to my surprised, he just smiled devilishly to me.

And that's when the reason why I pretended to be in loved with Lisa happened.

Being with Lisa for three years made me the happiest. Even if I badly wanted to tell her how much I love her, I can't. In those years that Lisa and I were together, I finally found myself. It's Lisa who made me realize everything. Lisa made me feel just like a real princess is. She thought me how to love deeply and genuinely. She made me believe that love knows no gender.

But all I can give in return was pain. So much pain.

I was fighting with myself in those three years. I kept on reminding myself that I should be with Jimin because he loved me and he was perfect for me. I kept on throwing the thought of a happy ending with Lisa because she can't give what Jimin can give to me.

But I was wrong. Very, very wrong. It's Jimin who can't give what Lisa can give to me.

It took me a long while to realized everything. That Jimin only wants my wealth. He just wanted to payback to what my father did to his family.