Chapter XXXVIII

Jennie's POV

"Hindi naman ako pamilyar sa lugar na to, Lili. Dito nalang ako sa bahay with Jisoo." I replied to Lisa as I put a piece of sliced meat in my mouth while I'm talking to Lisa on the phone.

Lisa is currently in the company while Rosé is in their hotel-restaurant since today is their first day of work. I felt relieved naman dahil wala si Mina don. Lisa said she had to go somewhere else to meet some big clients. I don't know but I really don't trust that girl.

Or is it just me?

"You'll get bored, Nini. Besides, hindi naman pwedeng nandyan lang kayo maghapon. I can ask Chaeyoung to accompany the two of you." Lisa replied.

"No, it's fine. Iistorbohin mo pa si Chaeyoung. I'll just ask Jisoo later."

Tumayo na ako to put the dishes on the sink and do the dishes as I put the phone on the counter na nakaloud-speak na.

I heard Lisa hummed. "Hm, okay. Just update me, Nini. I have to go now. Dad's here."

"Alright. Be good, Lisa. I love you."

"Yeah, yeah. I love you, too." Then she hanged up.

I decided to go to my room at ayusin ang ilang librong dala ko. I still have two months left of vacation bago magstart ulit ang panibagong school year.

Lisa wants me to enroll in Okinawa University sa pasukan since doon din nag-aaral si Chaeyoung. Her reason? Para may bantay raw ako in case na may umaligid sakin like what she said. While Lisa, since graduating din siya, she will attend the same school as mine. But she will take home-lessons and will attend her school pag hindi siya gaanong busy.

Perks of being the daughter of the owner of the school.

I grabbed one of my favorite novel book and started to read it para malibang naman ako kahit papaano.

I was in the middle of reading ng may narinig akong katok sa pintuan.

Tumayo ako and opened the door. "Oh, Jisoo." I smiled to her.

She smiled back at me. "Jen, uhm, do you want to go somewhere? Naiinip na kasi ako eh." She said and scratched her nape as she lowered down her head.

I grinned. I can tell she's lying. Malamang sinabihan siya ni Lisa na ayain ako lumabas. I shook my head secretly.

"Lisa told you, isn't she?" I asked and Jisoo was hesitant to nod her head but did it anyway. I chuckled. "Sige, mag aayos lang ako." I said and Jisoo went to her room next to mine to get ready as well.

- - -

Lisa's POV

"Lisa, you have to help Mina managing this company. Hindi niya to kaya mag-isa! Kaya ka nga nandito to help her eh. Para saan pa at pinapunta kita rito kung hindi mo naman siya tutulungan?!" Dad scolded me the moment he entered our office.

Yep, Mina and I shared one fucking room as our office.

"But Dad, she said she can do it on her own. Why do I need to help her if she refused to accept my help anyway?" I answered annoyed.

I was supposed to be with Mina right now to talk with Mr. Hiroshi about the business we're in. Kaso sabi niya kaya na niya raw so hindi na ko nagpumilit.

It's her decision kaya ako nandito ngayon sa office at ginagawa yung mga naiwang trabaho rito.

I don't want to be alone with her as well. It wouldn't be nice kung kaming dalawa lang. that would be so awkward.