Chapter XXXVI

Lisa's POV

"Lili, wag ka nang magtampo." Jennie hugged me as she sat next to me.

"Hindi mo ako madadaan sa ganyan, Jennie." I replied, annoyed.

We're in Seul's apartment: Jisoo, Rosé unnie, Sana, Dahyun, Jennie and Me.

We decided to spend our celebration after unnie and Jisoo's graduation yesterday here in Seulgi's apartment, para na rin masamahan namin siya.

It's been weeks since the news about Irene getting married happened. And as of now, Seul's still not as good as she was before. She's trying to and I can see it. But every time that she heard or remembered Irene, she broke down again. Just like yesterday, she saw Irene's fiancé posted a picture of them together and Seulgi saw it.

So technically, we're here to be her guardians again.

"Lili naman eh. Kung around Korea lang, baka payagan ako. Pero kasi, Japan yon. It's miles away, Lisa." Jennie uttered.

Umirap nalang ako saka nagpatuloy na maglaro ng PS4 ni Seulgi with Dahyun na katabi naman ng girlfriend niyang si Sana. While the two couple, Rosé unnie and Jisoo, are both in Seulgi's room to console her.

I'm actually sulking right now, (yeah, I'll admit it 🙄) because I want Jennie to come with me in Japan but unfortunately, her parents didn't allow her. That's what she told me.

"I told you, I can change their minds. I can make them say yes na sumama ka sakin. Ikaw lang naman tong may ayaw na kausapin ko sila." I argued, still not looking at her.

"And about the expenses, I'll handle it. You just have to stay with me." I added.

"See? That's the reason why I'm hesitating, if ever man na umoo sila Mama. You're going to spend your own money for me, Lisa. I don't want anyone especially your family to think na pera lang ang gusto ko sayo." Jennie answered.

"I don't care about what others might say. Hindi ko naman sila pinapakielaman, so bakit nila ako papakielaman? Besides, I love you. I don't care about money, as long as you're mine, I don't give a damn on anything." I truthfully answered and that made her fell in silence.

Jennie put her hand on my face and turned me to her. But I just huffed and put her hand away from my face.

Jennie sighed. "Fine. Talk to them." I turned my face to Jennie.

"Hoy, Lisa! Maglalaro ka ba o maglalaro?!" Inis na tanong ni Dahyun.

Natatalo na kasi kami dahil huminto ako.

I turned to her for a minute. "Ikaw muna." Then I put down the controller.

"What did you say? You'll let me talk to your parents?" I asked again.

Jennie nodded her head. "Para hindi ka na magtampo." I smiled and kissed her cheek. "I'll make sure they would say yes. Trust me." I winked at her and put my hand on her shoulder.

Jennie chuckled softly. "Go for it, Lili." Then she hugged me. "I just don't want you to get mad at me. You know that I really want to come with you. Because you know, we're talking about you working with your ex-girlfriend."

I kissed her head and hugged her tight. "She's just an ex, Nini. Nothing more." I assured her.

- - -

"Sinasabi mo bang isasama mo ang anak namin sa Japan? Gaano naman katagal?" Mr. Kim asked.

Sa totoo lang, kanina pa ko kinakabahan. He's so intimidating. Buti nalang hawak ni Jennie yung kamay ko sa ilalim ng lamesa.

"Uhm, a-about a year po." I answered nervously.

"Parang matagal naman ata iyon, Lisa." Mrs. Kim stated.

I tightened my hold on Jennie's hand but not too tight as I felt the need of it. I need my confidence and strength.

"Paano ang magiging gastos ni Jennie doon? Hindi namin kayang magpaaral ng anak sa ibang bansa, Lisa." Mr. Kim said again.

I sat properly. "Don't worry about the expenses po. Jennie will be given a scholarship by the company so you don't need to worry about her enrollment fees or anything." I replied as I took a glance to Jennie.

"Paano ang tutuluyan niya? Paano ang pagkain niya araw-araw? Paano ang pamasahe niya? Ang baon niya? Saan niya kukuhanin yon?" Mr. Kim asked again.

"About po sa titirahan, she'll be staying at my place with my sister. Ako na pong bahala sa expenses niya. Just please, pumayag na po kayo." I pleaded. "I'll promise I will take care of her and protect her as much as possible." I added.

Mr. Kim glared at me na lalong kinataas ng balahibo ko. While Mrs. Kim is staring at Jennie.

"Gusto mo ba, Jennie?" Mr. Kim asked Jennie so I turned my attention to her.

Jennie is looking at me then to her father and mother.

"Opo." She answered that made me smile. "Gusto ko pong sumama kay Lisa. I want to be with her kung papayagan niyo po ako." Jennie told them.

Mr. Kim frowned. "Bakit parang blessing na namin ang hinihingi niyo? Hoy, bata pa kayo." Mr. Kim said that made us chuckled.

"No, Sir. But... we'll be there soon." I answered as I winked to Jennie secretly and that made my girlfriend blushed.

"So, ano, Papa? Papayagan mo ba o hindi?" Mrs. Kim asked smilingly.

Mr. Kim turned to me again with a serious reaction on his face.

"Pumapayag na ko. Wop! Teka lang. May sasabihin pa ako." Mr. Kim stopped us from smiling widely using his hands.

The three of us looked at him and waited for this next words.

"Just promise me na hindi mo papabayaan at sasaktan ang anak ko, Manoban. Hindi namin hinahayaan madapuan ng lamok yan. Sa oras na paiyakin mo ang anak ko, tatadyakan ko bumbunan mo. Maliwanag ba?"

Halos tumalon na ko sa saya dahil sa sinabi ni Mr. Kim.

Jennie is also smiling from ear to ear as well as her mom.

"Thank you, Mama! Thank you, Papa!" Jennie hugged them both.

"May tiwala kami sa inyo, Lisa at Jennie. Huwag niyo sana itong sayangin." Mrs. Kim reminded us.

Jennie and I stared at each other and nodded to her.

I bowed down to them. "Thank you so much, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. I won't let your trust go to waste." I replied wholeheartedly.

- - -

"So, what did I tell you?" Nagyayabang na tanong ko kay Jennie as I leaned my body against my car.

Jennie crosses her arms above her chest and playfully rolled her eyes at me.

"Oo na. Oo na. I believe you, Lili." Jennie chuckled softly.

I spread my arms in the air asking for a hug from her. She accepted it and hugged me tight.

"Thank you, Lisa." Jennie uttered in my neck. I chuckled because it tickles me. "You're always welcome, Nini."

Jennie let of the hug and stared at me.

"Why do I need to come with you, anyway?" She asked as her hand traced my face.

"Because you're my world, Jennie. You're my oxygen that I need for breathing. You're my strength that I need when I'm weak. You're my cure when I'm sick. You're the sunshine of my life. You bring colors in my darkest moments..." I paused as I leaned forward and stared at her lips. "And because I love you." I lowly said and kissed her lips.

She gave me her wonderful gummy smile in return.

"Prepare yourself, my lady. Because in less than a week, you're going to Japan with me!" I excitedly uttered as I pulled her closer to me.