Chapter XLIX

Jennie's POV

"Care to enlighten me of what the hell is happening?" Lisa sternly asked as soon as we entered the house.

We stopped at the living room. Lisa was standing in the middle while I'm standing a few feet away from her with my head a bit down and with my fidgeting fingers. i know that look from her. Hindi siya sumisigaw sa galit pero it's all written in her eyes.

I definitely owe her a better explanation for this.

I really felt nervous and surprised when I saw her earlier. Hindi ko alam kung anong sasabihin ko o anong ipapaliwanag ko. She caught me off guard.

Hinila niya agad ako palabas ng café bago pa ako makapagsalita ulit. Wendy tried to call me as well as Mina tried to call Lisa but my girlfriend doesn't seem to care. Buong biyahe pauwi, i tried to talk to her and explain but she was obviously ignoring me the whole time.

I'm actually still wearing my café uniform. Naiwan ko na rin yung mga gamit ko sa café. Ipapasuyo ko nalang kay Wendy para maibigay niya sakin bukas.

"Why are you working there? Wala ka bang klase? Did you ditch your class?" She asked with a hint of disappointment and accusation in her voice.

My eyes quickly found hers and I quickly looked down again when I saw how mad her eyes were. Tumingin nalang ako sa pader para maiwasan ang mga mata niya.

I gulped nervously. "No, Lili. Half-day lang kami today kaya naisipan namin ni Wendy na pumasok nalang sa café ng mas maaga." I answered truthfully.

I won't lie anymore to her. She already caught me. There's no need for me to lie about this. Or else, Lisa would be so mad at me.

"So you're working nga? Why?" I was about to answer when she spoke madly again. "Didn't I tell you to focus on your studies? I told you that I will support your studies. Two months nalang ga-graduate ka na. That's the time where you should start a job and not now! We talked about this, Jennie!" Lisa pacing back and forth as she harshly caresses her nape.

I took a deep breath and decided to proceed on my explanation.

I looked at her. "But Lisa, ayokong maging pabigat sa inyo nila Rosé unnie at Jisoo. Nagtatrabaho na kayong tatlo while me..." I paused and dropped my stares on the floor. Not minding that my eyes were started to be watery. "... umaasa lang ako sa inyong tatlo. I don't want to be a burden to anyone, especially to you. Ayokong isipin ng family mo or nang kahit na sino na pera lang ang habol ko sayo. Kaya I started to look for a job to support myself instead. You've done and you're still doing so much for me, Lili and I think it's time for me to do the same and help you for our daily expenses. Hindi naman pwedeng puro kayong tatlo nalang ang gagastos for the four of us." I ended up my explanation in a low tone and with my head a bit down.

Lisa was staring at me the whole time i explained. Walang expression ang mukha niya and it bothers the hell out of me.

"First of all, you're not a burden to us. Girlfriend kita and I promised to take care of you hanggat kaya ko. Have you also forgot my promise to your parents? I promised na ako ang bahala sa pag-aaral mo while we're here at wala akong balak sirain yon. They trust me— us." She paused and i looked down again.

i don't find any courage in my body to look at her straight in her eyes. This was the first time Lisa got mad at me, big time. I don't know what's going in her head. Disappointed ba siya? Is she that mad at me? I only want to help them but being overprotective as she is, i know she won't let me.

"Lisa—"

"You know makes me mad even more? To the fact that you're always lying to me!" Lisa yelled angrily that made me freeze on my place.