Chapter XXIV

Jennie's POV

"L-Lisa? Anong— anong ginagawa mo rito?" Tanong ko sabay lapit sa kanya pero napahinto ako nung nalipat ang tingin niya mula sakin papunta sa taong kalalabas lang sa pintuan na si Kevin.

Her eyes darkened when she saw Kevin standing behind me. I looked at Kevin and saw his curious face.

"Oh, kaibigan mo, Jen?" He asked as he smiled to Lisa. But unfortunately, Lisa wasn't in her good mood as of the moment. Lisa was just staring at him blankly.

I turned to him and smiled awkwardly. "A-ah, yeah." The words automatically came out of my mouth. Pero I was taken aback sa sagot ko when I realized what did I answer.

I took a glance to Lisa na walang emosyong nakatingin sa akin. I held her hand and gently squeezed it bago tumingin kay Kevin.

"Uhm, Kevin, I'm sorry pero pwede bang mauna ka na? Susunod nalang ako." I smiled faintly to him without removing my grasp on Lisa's hand.

Nagdadalawang isip na tumango siya saka ngumiti sakin. "Sige, antayin nalang kita sa bahay." Sagot niya bago naglakad na paalis.

Humarap ako kay Lisa para kausapin siya. "Lili—"

"Did I disturb your happy moments with him?" She asked sarcastically. I know what she had in mind so I eagerly shook my head. "No! Lisa, we just bought foods for our group members." I tried to explain.

She removed my hand which was holding her hand. "He could've done it by his own." She said and started to walk towards her car.

I followed her until she nearly opened the driver's door. "Lisa, he asked for help. And since I have nothing else to do, I helped him. It's not a big deal, Lili." I said in a calm voice as I stroke her arm trying to soothe her.

"Then you should atleast told me the address so I can pick you up if you don't have anything else to do." Her voice was still stern and her face still showing no emotions. But later on, it was changed into a smirk. "Why? Perhaps you want to stay with him longer than you should be?"

I frowned and shook my head. "No! Of course not. What are you thinking, Lisa? We're just doing our project for Monday like what I've told you." I said with a small increase tone in my voice.

Lisa is starting to act like a kid again. Her jealousy was at its finest. I'm already tired and my mind was already a mess. I just want to hug and sleep with her but it seems that it won't happen anymore today.

She didn't reply on what I said. I sighed and let go of the annoyance and irritation in my head because of her sudden jealousy.

I hugged her tight and buried my face on her neck. "It's nothing, Lili. I promise. Whatever you are thinking, it's not true." I said as I stroke her back.

"What do you think am I thinking, Jennie?" She challengingly asked, didn't bother to hug me back.

Whenever she's calling me by my name, she's so damn serious.

I removed my head from her neck and stared at her darkened eyes. She removed my hands that were hugging her waist and stared blankly at me. "You just denied me in front of him! I'm your friend? What the fuck was that?!" She sarcastically laughed as she took a step by the side.

"Lili, I'm sorry! I was shocked when I saw you. I didn't expec—"

"You're not expecting to see me? Yes, because you didn't even bother to give me the address of where you are! Are you hiding something from me, Kim Jennie?" She looked at me with her accusing eyes.