Chapter XLVII

Jennie's POV

"Jen! Jennie!"

Lumingon ako sa likod ko dahil may taong tumawag ng pangalan ko.

Ngumiti agad ako when I saw Wendy running towards my direction. Papasok ng building nang college namin.

"Hey. Good morning, Wendy." I greeted her with a smile on my face.

Huminga muna siya bago ngumiti sa akin saka sumabay sakin sa paglakad.

"Good morning." She chuckled softly. "By the way, have you applied as student assistant yet?" She suddenly asked.

"Yeah. They said, they will give me a call for the interview." I answered.

Actually, hindi ko na nga inaasahan na makukuha ako. Sa pagkakaalam ko kasi, wala nang slot for student-assistant.

"Drop it." My jaw dropped when Wendy said those words.

Hindi makapaniwalang napatingin ako sa kanya. "What?" I asked.

She gave me a playful smile. "Don't do it." She replied as she opened the door of our classroom.

"Why wouldn't I do it?" I asked saka ako sumunod sa kanya papasok sa room.

Konti palang ang tao sa room dahil maaga pa naman. Maaga akong pumasok ngayon dahil maaga kaming nagising to help Lisa and Rosé to prepare for their big day as the CEO and President of Manoban Entertainment.

I can't help but to smile sa tuwing naaalala ko kung gaano ka-excited at ka-hyper si Lisa kanina. She can't wait and she was so excited to see her new workplace.

"Because I have a good news for you." My thoughts were interrupted by Wendy's announcement.

"What is it?" I asked her when I faced her. Tumingin din siya sakin nang may malawak na ngiti sa labi niya. "You're looking for a job, right? Well, lucky you because I know where you can get one." She casually sat on her chair next to mine.

I gasped. "You're joking. Where?" I excitedly uttered with a sparkling eyes as I sat on my chair.

Wendy put down her bag and I did the same. She turned her body to my side para magkaharap kami.

"My mom owns a café not so far from here. And she's currently looking for another worker. Is it okay with you?" She genuinely gave me an unsure smile. "I mean, the salary isn't that big but it's bigger than the salary of a student-assistant. You don't need to pass any requirements. You just have to say yes or no. Don't worry, I'm working there, too." She said and winked at me.

My eyes widened at her last sentence.

"You're working on the café that your mom owned? Why?" I asked curiously.

Bakit pa siya magtatrabaho eh mayaman naman sila? I mean, she has her own car and her things are quite expensive.

She chuckled at me and patted the table. "Uh, Nope. I'm not yet working on that. Well, not until you agreed to it." That statement made me frown.

"What? Why?" I asked again.

"So we can be together not only for class hours but also for working hours." She laughed cutely. "And besides, I want to help you. I will give you my whole salary." She casually said.

I was shocked and surprised at what she said. That's not appropriate.

"No way! I mean, giving the job offer to me is already a big help. You don't need to work just to help me." I lowly said, quite embarrassed of myself.

I felt Wendy's hand on my head, gently giving it a soft pat. "Oh come on, Jen. It's okay. My mom agreed to this. I'm your friend, right? And I'm doing this because you're always helping me with my lessons." I looked at her eyes and saw nothing but genuine emotions.

"That's not a big deal, Wendy. But I still don't think it's necessary for you to work on my behalf." I'm seriously going to cry because of this angel in front of me.

"It's okay, Jennie. Don't worry, I'll be fine. And besides, don't you think it's comfortable to work in a place that you already know someone? You know, you won't get bored when it's your break time." She laughed softly and patted my back. "You can't say no to this, Jennie. I'm going to help you and that's final." Wendy winked at me again and smiled widely.

- - -

"Where have you been?" Lisa asked as soon as I entered the house.

I looked at her and saw her staring at me with her arms folded above her chest. She's still wearing her office attire and God knows how perfect she is.

I smiled at her a bit as I walked to reach her direction. I bit my lower lip when I glanced at her questioning eyes.

"I just went to somewhere with a friend." I answered hesitantly before I gave her a peck on her lips.

Her forehead creased. "Where is that somewhere? And who's that friend of yours?" Lisa asked continuously.

It's been two months since I accepted the job offer from Wendy. As of now, everything's fine except nalang dun sa mga pagkakataon na kailangan kong magsinungaling kay Lisa.

Wala akong sinabihan kahit kanino about this job. If anyone in this house finds out about this, they would definitely stop me from doing so. At magagalit sakin si Lisa.

She doesn't want me to work. But I can't help but to feel burden. Lahat silang tatlo may trabaho, lahat sila kumikita na para sa amin. Ako lang ang hindi. Although they told me that it's fine but still.. ayokong maging pabigat sa kanila. Sapat na yung si Lisa ang nagbabayad para sa pag-aaral ko.

"Jennie." Lisa called me out when I suddenly spaced out.

Napaangat ako ng tingin sa kanya only to see her eyes softened. "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

I simply nodded my head before I wrapped her body using my arms as I buried my face on her neck, sniffing her scent.

"I'm okay, Lili." I smiled when I felt her hands hugging me back.

I feel so stressed and drained. For the past two months, Wendy and I did our best to serve the costumers properly. Hindi naman kasi binanggit ni Wendy na popular pala yung café ng Mommy niya kaya everyday sobrang daming costumers.

"I just went to Wendy's house to help her finish our project kaya medyo late ako nakauwi. I'm sorry." Pagsagot ko sa tanong ni Lisa kanina.

I felt her nodded and pulled away a bit to looked at me straight in the eyes. "It's okay. Kumain ka na ba? Hindi uuwi sina Rosé unnie at Jisoo ngayon. Anniversary nila bukas eh." Lisa explained as she leads the way to the kitchen area.

Kaya pala tahimik ang buong apartment.

I hummed as an answer. "So, what my baby wants to eat?" I asked as I opened the refrigerator to scan the foods we have stocked there.

I felt an arm wrapped around my waist and my breath hitched when I felt Lisa's breathing on my neck.

"What about..." she paused as she lower down her hand that was resting on my stomach and stopped at my intimate part. "...this?" I can feel Lisa's smirk on my neck.

I closed my eyes as I felt her cup me down there. "Lisa..." I whimpered.

It didn't take long for Lisa to turn me around to face her and attacked my lips using hers.

This is gonna be a long and loud night. I should thank Jisoo and Rosé for going out.

-////-
Sorry for super late update! I published another story entitled TAME THE DARK PRINCESS. Please, support it too. 😬