Chapter XXII

Jennie's POV

"You're not in good terms with her? That's so unusual." Sana frowned and took a sip on her drink.

We were having our lunch together in the cafeteria. I'm sitting in front of Sana and Irene.

Irene looked at me. "I agree. Is this your first fight with her?" She asked then took a bite on her sandwich.

I sighed and folded my arms above my chest. "This is the second one, I assumed." I answered flatly.

Lisa and I had an argument because of a single text message from one of my classmates last night.

Hinatid niya ako pauwi kagabi after naming mag-stay sa bahay nila after class like she usually does.

The message was about our group project na kailangan namin gawin this incoming weekend dahil sa Monday na pasahan non. My classmate— who happened to be a guy— texted me last night about my assigned part sa project. But, Lisa being over possessive,  pinipilit niya na may gusto sakin yung kaklase ko because the guy kept on asking me if what am I doing and something that will triggered Lisa. She even blamed me for giving my number to him.

I tried to explain to her na I just gave him my number for the sake of the project and nothing more. But her jealousy covered up her mind.

Sinundo niya pa rin ako kaninang umaga pero hindi niya naman ako kinakausap. I tried to lower my pride at lambingin siya pero mahirap talaga siyang suyuin. I even kept on messaging her pero hindi naman siya nagrereply.

"Just try to understand her more, bae. You know what happened to her— I mean, not fully, but you know what she became after that." Irene uttered.

I sighed deeply at yumuko sa table. "What else can I do? She became more jealous with simple things and sometimes accusing me of doing something that I didn't do." I irritatedly said to them as I rolled my eyes to no one.

They both looked at me and smiled a bit. "Bae, lawakan mo pa pang-unawa mo sa kanya. She needs you." Sana reaches for my hand and gently squeezed it.

I tried to smile to her and Irene. "I will. Thank you, baes."

- - -

Buong klase akong hindi makapagfocus dahil na kay Lisa pa rin ang isip ko.

Later on, dismissal came. I packed my things up and left the classroom. I was about to leave the hallway nung may tumawag sakin.

"Uhm, Miss Kim? Pinapatawag po kayo ni Mr. Kai sa office niya." The girl with a braces and thick glasses told me.

Mr. Kai? What does he need to me this time?

I hid my irritation and smiled to this girl instead. "Okay. Thank you." I said and walked towards his office.

Hindi naman kalayuan ang office niya sa kinatatayuan ko kaya konting lakad lang. Maraming students na rin ang naglalabasan ng kani-kanilang room dahil uwian na. Not long enough, I've reached his office. I knocked on three times and heard him speak. "Come in." He said so I opened the door.

As soon as he saw my face, a huge smile formed upon his lips.

"Jennie! I thought you wouldn't come. Please, have a seat, sweetheart." He gently offered but I just stood there with a straight face.

"Why did you ask for me, Mr. Kai?" I asked, still with a straight face.

He chuckled softly and sat on his swivel chair.

Lahat ng professors dito sa university ay may kanya kanyang office na sarili. Pero mas malaki ang kay Mr. Kai dahil siya ang anak ng may-ari.

"I just want to be with you, Jennie." He said with a lonely tone. He looked at me straightly with his puppy eyes.