Chapter XLI

Jennie's POV

"Lisa, I told you, you don't have to give me a ride to school. Sabay naman kami ni Chaeyoung papasok eh." Pamumulit ko kay Lisa as I place a meal on her plate.

We're taking our breakfast together. Umalis na kasi sina Jisoo and Rosé papunta sa kanya kanyang trabaho.

She huffed. "But I want to, Nini. We've talked about this and you said yes. I will drive you to school and fetch you afterwards. That's final, end of discussion." Lisa argued.

Hindi na ko sumagot dahil nakita kong seryoso na ang mukha niya.

Gusto ko sanang tumutol dahil sobrang busy niya these past few days. Hating gabi na siya umuuwi tapos maaga aalis dahil sa dami ng inaasikaso nila sa office. Minsan nga hindi na siya naga-almusal sa sobrang pamamadali eh. But she made sure to make time for me everyday. Kahit nung bumili ako ng mga kailangan ko for school, she still accompanied me with Chaeyoung.

Pero napuputol lang dahil tinatawagan siya ni Mina to remind her na may meeting daw sila or something.

I don't feel bad naman because I understand why does she have to do that. It's for the sake of their company and I trust Lisa, too.

I know she won't do anything that might hurt me.

- - -

"Jennie unnie!" I turned my body around when I heard my name being called by someone.

An immediate smile form upon my face when I saw the hyper Chaeyoung approaching me.

"Oh, Chaeyoung!" I greeted her back nung nakalapit siya sakin.

Huminto ako sa paglalakad palabas ng building para intayin siya.

Lisa is already waiting for us in the parking lot.

"Ready for the first day of school, unnie?" She asked smilingly. I chuckled and nodded my head to her. "Quite nervous though." I admitted.

She frowned at me. "Why? Not confident on speaking japanese language? You're good at it, unnie." She complimented me as we walked together.

I shyly nodded my head. "Yeah." I shortly replied.

Since the day we got here in Japan, Lisa taught me how to speak and write japanese language. Minsan pag busy siya, si Chaeyoung ang magtuturo sakin. That's the reason why we became close to each other.

I've also learned that she has a huge crush on Rosé and asked me about Rosé and Jisoo. Pero shempre, I didn't tell her about the real deal of those two. Mas okay nang sa kanila manggagaling.

Once we got out of the building, my eyes automatically landed on Lisa and I frowned when I saw her laughing while talking to someone.

Nakatalikod sa side namin yung babae kaya hindi ko siya nakikita.

Lisa's gaze found me. Her laughter disappeared and her face shown uncomfortable expression.

The girl turned around nung napansin niya ang pagbabago ng ekspresyon ni Lisa.

And then I saw her... again.

"Mina unnie!" Chaeyoung happily shouted as she ran to them.

Mina smiled to her and hugged Chaeyoung back. I, on the other hand, made my way to Lisa's side.

"Nini." Lisa whispered nervously when I reached her side.

I just gave her a sweet smile then turned my head to Mina who's now looking at me with an expressionless face.