Chapter IX

Jennie's POV

"You will be taking care of one of my best friends."

I blinked twice.

Ano raw?

"I w-will take care of who?" I asked again in disbelief.

Bata pa ba yung kaibigan nila at kailangan kong alagaan?

Dahyun looked at me with sincerity. Parang gusto niyang sabihin na, I'm not kidding.

"Her friend, bae. Lisa Manoban." Sana answered nung nahalata niyang hindi pa ako sumasagot.

Nakakunot ang noong nagtanong ako, "Teka. No offense meant. Ilan taon na ba yang kaibigan mo at kailangan pa niya ng taga pag-alaga?"

"She's 20– same age as us. Well, she's diagnosed with PTSD a year ago, so her family needed to stop her studies for a while until she fully recovered. Her sister— who's also our friend, Rosé— needs to go to Australia dahil she was chosen as one of those exchange students na ipapadala sa RMW University by next week..." my eyes widened nung binanggit niya yung RMW University.

"Oh my gosh! It's one of the biggest school in the world! That Rosé girl is so smart, I can say." Sabat ko sa paliwanag ni Dahyun.

I heard Sana and Dahyun giggled.

"Yup. She is." Dahyun said na may halong pagka-proud.

"So, as I was saying, siya lang ang nagtu-tutor sa kapatid niya. Their parents are both busy sa mga businesses nila. Actually, kailangan din nila magpunta ng Thailand for a month kaya kailangan talaga namin ng someone who will take good care of Lisa while they're gone. Pero we promised you naman na everyday kaming pupunta to visit her. Para na rin makapagrest ka." Dahyun smiled as she finished her explanation.

"So, basically, kailangan kong maging maid and, at the same time, tutor ni Miss Lisa? For how long?" I asked.

Dahyun looked at Sana and then turned to me again. "Well, si Rosé ang kailangan mong kausapin about dyan. She wants to see you and talk to you about it."

Hindi naman siguro mahirap alagaan si Lisa. Diba? I mean, she was diagnosed with PTSD. Hindi naman siguro malala.

"Don't worry, hindi ka naman mahihirapan sa kanya, bae. I know her. Trust me." Sana smiled and held my hand to gently squeezed it.

I smiled at them. "Okay."

- - -

Rosé's POV

From: Kim Dahyun

Hey, Unnie. Jennie agreed! :) when do you want to talk to her?

As soon as I read Dahyun's message, I can't help but to feel happy and a bit of fear. Happy dahil may mag-aalaga na kay Lisa while I'm gone. Fear dahil hindi ko naman kilala si Jennie.

But I trust Dahyun and Sana. I know hindi nila ipapahamak si Lisa. I know my sister will be in good hands.

So I replied.

To: Kim Dahyun

Okay! I'll meet her tomorrow. Lunch. At my mom's restaurant para makausap na rin siya ni Mommy. Thank you, Dahyun! And please tell Sana, too. :))

I put my cellphone inside of my pocket again and went to my sister's room.

"Lisa-yah? Are you hungry?" I asked pagkaupo ko sa tabi niya sa kama.