Chapter XVII

Jennie's POV

"Are you planning on leaving me?"

"No!" I unconsciously uttered. The word just came out of my mouth instantly.

I can't stare at Lisa's eyes. I know what she's thinking.

Iniisip niya na baka iwan ko siya. At hindi malayong mangyare yon.

Kinausap ako ni Auntie about Lisa should go back to school as soon as possible. One month lang kasi ang usapan namin for this job. Pag naging okay na si Lisa within one month, then there's no reason for me to stay here. Rosé will return next month, so I only have one month left to stay with Lisa.

Auntie and Rosé asked me na kung pwede pilitin ko si Lisa bumalik sa school. They want Lisa to have her normal life again. Outside her room. Outside their house. But unfortunately, Lisa doesn't want it yet.

"Then why are you acting like you are?" Lisa coldly asked. Half annoyed.

I hate this. I hate seeing Lisa with that facial expression. Especially if I'm the reason why.

I hold her hand, still not looking at her eyes. I blinked a few times to avoid the water that were about to fall in my eyes.

"Lili, there will be time that I need to leave. I don't want to but—" I looked at her when she suddenly speaks.

She let go of my hand. Then got up on the bed. She's standing beside of the bed while I'm still sitting.

"You don't want to but you're telling me exactly that there's a chance that you'll leave me someday? What the fuck, Jennie!" Now, I can see the angry side of Lisa that I don't really want to see.

I'm nervous, yes. Because I don't know what angry Lisa is capable of. I don't want her to throw me away just like that and told me to never return, ever again.

Maybe she's thinking that I don't want to stay with her for a long time. Or maybe for the rest of our lives. She maybe thinks that I'm getting tired of her.

"You shouldn't made me fall in love with you in the first place if you'll just going to leave me as well. I shouldn't have love you, Jennie."

I tried to reach for her hand to hold it again. "Lili, listen to me first—" but she pushed it away.

"Shut it. I don't want to hear anything." She coldly uttered and went to the balcony then closed the glass door after she put down the curtain.

I sighed deeply and cry in silence.

Stupid Jennie. I told you, this is not the right time to talk about this.

Stupid self.

- - -

I knocked on the glass door of the balcony. It's been three hours since that talk happened and Lisa is still sitting in the balcony alone.

Nagsend ako ng message kina Irene na huwag muna magpunta dahil Lisa was in a bit bad mood. Hindi ko na kinuwento ang nangyare kahit na nagtatanong sila.

"Lili, please open this door. Let's talk." Pang-limang beses na katok ko na ata to pero hindi pa rin niya ko pinapansin.

I sighed and rested my head on the glass door as I closed my eyes, preventing the tears from falling again.

Napatayo ako ulit ng maramdaman kong binubuksan ni Lisa ang glass door. I stepped back.

"Lili..." I called her but she just walked, ignoring me.

I followed her. She lie down again on her bed. Tumabi ako sa kanya. Akmang yayakapin ko na sana siya pero tumayo siya ulit at nagpunta sa bathroom.

"Lisa, please." Pakiusap ko bago niya isara ang pintuan. Pero hindi niya pa rin ako pinansin.

That's when the tears fall again. Shit.

- - -

"Lili, I'm about to go home. Please, talk to me. I don't want to leave you like this. Lili, please." I said trying not to sound like I'm crying.

Gabi na pero wala pa ring pinagbago. She kept on ignoring me pero patuloy pa rin ako sa pagsuyo sa kanya. She's sitting on her bed, cold eyes on the television. Not giving a damn to the girl sitting next to her on the bed and pleading for her attention.

"Then leave." She finally spoke up.

And that made me cry even more. Hearing that word came from her mouth is much more painful.

I tried to hold her hand again. "Lili, please. Don't be like this." I said in between my sobs. Thankfully, she let me hold her hand.

I put her hand on my cheek and gently kissed it.

"I'm sorry, Lili. Please, talk to me. I never planned to leave you. Believe me." Magpapaliwanag na sana ako pero nagulat ako nung hinila niya yung kamay niya palayo sa akin.

I looked at her. "Lili—"

"Go home." She shortly uttered.

I shook my head then wiped my tears. "No. I'm not going anywhere until we fixed this. Until you talk to me again." Matapang na saad ko.

Tinignan niya ko gamit ang mga mata niyang walang ekspresyon. "Do whatever you want." Sagot niya saka humiga at tinalikuran ako.

I took that opportunity to hug her from behind. Hindi naman siya umangal.

"I'm sorry, Lili." I whispered to her ear as I stroke her arm.

- - -

Lisa's POV

She left me.
She betrayed me.
She lied to me.
She cheated on me.

She let me fall for her deeply before she decided to leave me.

And I'm hoping that Jennie wasn't like her. But unfortunately, she is.

"Lili, please? Speak up." She murmured on my back.

Her head was leaning on my back while hugging me as tight as she could. I didn't move. I just let her do what she wants.

She sobbed and started to speak.

"I never intended to leave you. Never. Even if the world wants me to, I won't do it. You're precious to me, Lisa. All I want is to be with you. I'm happy with you. You make me the happiest, Lili. And I never planned to take that happiest away from me." She muttered and about to loosen the hug.

I quickly grabbed her hand that was wrapping on my waist and pulled it back.

"Lili?" She asked.

I turned my back to face her. I stared at her eyes, wiped the new fallen tear from her eyes and smiled.

"Don't cry. I hate seeing you crying, Nini." But she even cried so much!

"H-hey! Why are still crying? I told you, I hate seeing you like that. Aigo! Stop now." I said to her as I hold her other right while the other one was wiping her tears.

She sobbed in between her chuckled. "I thought you hate me now." She mumbled as she buried her face on my chest.

I chuckled and hugged her back. "No. I will never hate you. I love you, Nini." I seriously uttered and kissed her head.

She hugged me even more tight.

"I love you, too, Lili."

-////-
Lame, I know. Sorry 😭