Chapter XXVI

Jennie's POV

"Really?" I surprisingly asked to Lisa.

Lisa told me about the plan to go to Irene's grandparents next week. Irene told us about her grandparents' conditions, actually we also planned to go there— Sana and I— after this tiring week.

Lisa is currently lying on her bed while her head was resting on my legs. I was sitting on her bed and caressing her hair while we were watching a Netflix series. We just got home early today dahil may meeting pa ang mga Professors ng JYPU para sa gaganaping national competition next week.

"Yeah. That was the plan for this coming long weekend." She answered and sat next to me. She rested her head on my shoulder as she held my hand.

"Buti pa kayo may long weekend." I pouted at her. She chuckled softly. "Nini, you are going to represent your whole class next week. After that, you'll have your two-day rest, right? That would be Thursday and Friday. It's also a long weekend for you." Lisa said.

"But not this week. Hindi pa rin tayo nagtugma ng schedule."

Nasasanay na rin ako na laging kasama si Lisa araw-araw. Like, we can't last a day without seeing each other.

"Nini, it's okay. For now, focus on your competition. That would be on Monday, right? Where will it take place?" She asked as she grabbed the remote and switch the movie we were watching to another.

I reached for the popcorn on the side table. "In Busan." I casually replied.

"What?! I thought it would be around Seoul?" Hindi makapaniwalang tinitigan niya ko.

"It was moved, Lili. The competition will be on Monday but the result will be released on Wednesday. So, we have to be there for three days." I explained.

Unfortunately, Kai was the one who was assigned for the competition. Since siya yung adviser namin on that subject, I will be with him for three whole days.

I just hope Lisa won't ask about—

"Who's professor will go with you?"

Unlucky me, she asked. Oh gad.

I diverted my gaze to her and bit my lower lip. "M-Ms. Son will go with me." I lied.

If Lisa finds out that I'm with a guy, she would freak out and probably it would be the source of our nonstop bickering about that topic again. So I just decided to lie for once.

She stared at me intently. "Are you lying to me, Jennie?" She asked blankly.

I looked at her nervously because of the tone of her voice. It was stern.

I shook my head but didn't utter a word. If I say something, she would know that I lied then I wouldn't have a clue but to admit the truth. And that's the last thing I want to do as of the moment.

She nodded her head but still looking at me intently. "Okay." She said and put her eyes back to the screen.

- - -

Lisa's POV

"Lili, I told you, I can just take a cab." Jennie said after I yawned as she stared at me.

I glanced at her and smiled. "I'm okay, Nini. Besides, I won't let you take a cab at this morning hour." I answered back as I rubbed my eyes.

It's four in the morning and I'm driving Jennie to her school. Today was their first day for their competition and they have to be in school at exactly five in the morning.