Chapter XXXV

Lisa's POV

"Bud, it's been a week. Wala ka bang balak kausapin si Jennie?" Dahyun asked while munching her food.

I glared at her. "For what? For letting myself hurt again? For letting myself be ruined again? No, bud. I won't let that happen again. Sapat na yung ginawa ni Mina. I don't want history to repeat itself." I annoyingly answered as I took a sip of my cappuccino.

It's been a week since that intense fight between Jennie and I happened.

Hindi ko siya sinundan. I took all the control I had in my body to stop myself from running towards her. I just called Kuya Bert na huwag palabasin si Jennie ng gate. It's dangerous that night hour. I even called my sister to accompany Jennie to sleep on one of our guest rooms. But because of my pride, I never talked to her since then.

I felt Jisoo pat my shoulder. "Lisa, history won't repeat itself if you won't let that happen." I just gave her a look before looking at the ground. We are currently in our favorite tambayan dito sa University, the garden.

I heard them sigh in disbelief.

Rosé unnie has been busy preparing for her final thesis defense while Seulgi is still isolating herself in her apartment.

My sister always bugging me about Jennie. She talked to me every night just to console me and I know she's doing the same to Jennie. But I'm too scared to see her again. I'm too scared to get hurt again.

"Lis, we know what you've been through. Alam namin ang pinagkukunan mo and trust me, we do understand you, pero ang unfair naman yata non sa part ni Jennie. You should've listened to her explanation. You shouldn't accused her of something na, in the first place, you're not even sure kung totoo ba. You should've trusted her." Dahyun spoke.

I've already shown them the message and the video. Sana said he is Jennie's Professor— the one who accompanied her with her competition and the one who asked her for a dinner date.

"Dahyun is right, Lisa. Bakit ba hindi mo pinakinggan si Jennie?" I gave her a disbelief annoying look because of what I've heard. But then, she raised both of her hands inches away from her shoulder. "We're not taking her side here, okay? Just to be clear. Kaibigan namin kayong parehas but this, Lisa, you know you're the one at fault." Jisoo said holding my gaze.

Sa loob ng isang linggo, ngayon palang namin pinag-usapan to. I've been avoiding this conversation for a whole week but of course, not on my sister. Hindi na rin naman ako kinulit ng mga kaibigan ko about this. I've been spending my whole week free time with Seulgi. As usual, she's a mess. Hindi niya alam ang nangyare samin ni Jennie.

I let out a loud and irritated sigh. "Fuck. I don't fucking know what to do anymore!" I irritatedly gripped my hair using both of my hands and groaned.

"We understand you, Lis. Pero hindi naman pwedeng habangbuhay kang magtatago sa katotohanan na kasama sa pagmamahal ang masaktan ka. That's part of life, Lisa. We all get hurt but moved on eventually. Kailangan mong magtiwala ulit, Lisa. I can feel Jennie's pure love for you. Ramdam namin yon." Jisoo spoke again.

Huminga ako ng malalim saka tumingin sa malayo.

"I love her so much. Pero ayoko nang magmahal ng sobra." Mahinang usal ko.

Natahimik kami ng ilang minuto bago nagsalita si Dahyun.

"Sana told me about Jennie." She paused. I looked at her and waited for her to speak again. "Bud, Jen is also suffering. Lagi kang tinatanong ni Jennie. Sana even said na halos matuyo na ang laway niya dahil hindi naman niya makausap yung dalawang kaibigan niya. Jennie hardly eats. Parehas na raw sila ni Irene."

And with that, I stood up.

"Oh! Wait! Saan ka pupunta, Manoban?" Tanong ni Dahyun.

"Saan pa ba? Edi kay Jennie."

Inayos ko na ang gamit ko saka ako naglakad-takbo papunta sa parking lot.

"HOY! MAG IINGAT KANG BABAE KA! SIGURADUHIN MO LANG NA MAGKAKABATI NA KAYO HA? GE! INGAT KA, FUTURE SISTER IN LAW!" Sigaw ni Jisoo sakin na napailing nalang ako.

Siraulo. Hindi man lang nahiya sa mga nakapaligid na estudyante.

"Gago! Ligawan mo muna tatay namin!" Sigaw ko pabalik kay Jisoo. I smirked when she didn't reply back.

Marami ka pang kailangan gawin to please him, Jisoo. Good luck.

- - -

It's already five in the afternoon. Uwian na nila Jennie. Kasalukuyan akong nasa loob ng kotse ko while waiting for Jennie to come out of their school. Hindi ko siya tinext, I wanted to surprise her. I wanted to see her.

Maya maya pa, I saw Irene's fiancé. Bumaba siya ng sasakyan, katapat lang ng sasakyan ko. I saw him wave his hand at the main gate tapos Nakita ko na lumabas na rin sila Irene at Sana, nasa likod naman nila ang babaeng gusto kong makita.

I got out of my car and stood up on the side of my car. Casually looking at Jennie who is now busy talking to Irene and Sana.

Irene saw me first. Her eyes widened when she saw me then she smiled and immediately turned to Jennie again.

I lowered my head and bit my lower lip. Nahihiya ako. I probably looked so stupid right now. I've been ignoring her for one whole week and now here I am, standing in front of the huge gate of their school, waiting for her patiently.

I saw a pair of shoes in front of me.

"Hey, Lisa!"

"Momo?" Nakakunot noong napatingin ako kay Momo na nakatayo sa harapan ko. Bigla niya kong niyakap at hindi ako nakareact agad.

Anak ng! Bakit nandito to!?

Tumingin ako sa pwesto nila Jennie and I saw her crying again. Nakayakap siya kay Sana and Irene is giving me a death glare.

Shit!

Agad kong inalis ang yakap ni Momo sa katawan ko saka ka tumakbo papunta kay Jennie.

"Jennie!" Tawag ko sa kanya nung nagsimula na siyang maglakad paalis.

Nanatili lang na nakatayo sina Sana at Irene sa pwesto nila.

Nung nakalapit na ako kay Jennie, hinila ko agad ang braso niya at inikot siya para mapaharap siya sa akin.

I hurriedly hugged her when she started to fight.

"Bitawan mo ko!" Jennie sobs while punching my shoulder.

"No. I would never will, Jennie. Hinding hindi kita bibitawan." I sincerely answered making her stop for a while.

I slowly let go of her and cupped her face. "I'm sorry." I apologized. "I'm sorry for being so stupid. I'm sorry for making you cry again. I'm sorry if you think I don't trust you." I kissed her forehead. "Believe me, baby. I trust you. I believe in you because I love you."

Jennie was froze for a moment. But still sobbing.

I caressed her hair and cheeks.

"I miss you, Nini." I uttered holding back my tears. Jennie cried even more and hugged me. I hugged her back and kissed her head. "Shh. Stop crying, baby. Please."

Buti nalang wala ng gaanong estudyante dito. Isang eksena rin tong ginawa namin.

"Come on, we should go home now. Let's go, Nini." I smiled to Jennie when I saw her gummy smile again.

"Let's go home together, Lili."