28

╔═══════════════╗
Chapter 24: darkness
╚═══════════════╝

-
Choi;Areum

"yOU WHAT?!" mark shouted. He wasn't really expecting what i just said.

I told them i got a key from my watch and explained the message on the book that we found. It took a while for us to realize that it's been with us since it happened.

" but why though.. " as the other guys are looking at the key. Renjun was curious about the key being with me. " maybe we needed her all along.."

Mark took my arm and pulled me closer to him.

" ho- i mean why is this happening.. I don't understand why- for years we've been searching and non of this showed up until you came..." he was stressing the fact that they've been here and not alot of clues where spotted.

" don't think about this for now.. We got a lead so we might as well use it and think about it so we can know what is this all about" i said to him trying to calm his nerves.

To be honest i was quite shocked. I did not expect that this will be happening. For the past two months of searching a big clue has been uncovered.

__-:-__

We are inside the headquarters. All of us surrounding the table and above it was the locked book that we have. I have the key and we are about to open it.

" i just hope there will be something inside.." jisung said as i took a deep breath and put the key into the lock. Mark looked at me as he nodded, i twisted the key making a click sound.

Mark came closer and he opened the coverpage revealing a bunch of writings and also a small envelope.

" theres a envelope hyung" chenle said as he pointed it out. Mark grabbed it then open it up revealing a small note.

Dear students

Be ware of the choco man..

Sincerely Mr. Tech

" the choco whAt?"

Okay is this guy even serious or he is just making all of this as a joke?

" this can't be real.." mark placed the note down as we all stare at each other like is this even serious.

" from all the years that we've done after finding the biggest clue we ended up catching this and this bullshit choco man??" jaemin groans as he slammed the table.

" maybe this is used as a metaphor" ryu said

" yeah sure if any of us can figure out what kind of term he used then yeah... We can do it" a comment from jaemin.

" aren't you being sarcastic right now because i get it what you're doing there" ryu replied sarcastically.

There was that tension between them and i can't help but to pull ryu out because she can't mess with jaemin and also jaemin should not mess with ryu.

" okayyy..." haechan pulled jaemin away so we can focused on what we are doing. After a while my phone dinged.

.  .   .