29

╔═══════════════╗
Chapter 25: anniversary
╚═══════════════╝

-
Choi;Areum

" Areum are you okay?" haechan was looking at with concerned.

" not really.." i replied dryly. Haechan kept on asking me if i was okay and if something happened

Today was the day my father's anniversary which he was declared dead. November 13. My mom and other family members went to his burial where he "was" buried. I don't want to come now because i want to get there alone.

" then if you're not really fine then.." he pause. He was looking at me straight in the eye. He was really that concerned.

" I'll stay by yourside.."

Hyuck..

" I'll protect you no matter what happens.."

Those words really flutter my heart. People tend to ask if I'm fine but I'll never expect that he'll stay with me. I never thought that someone was really there at my side to be my shield and protect me from harm.

" thank you hyuck.. " i said as i gave him a smile.

__-:-__

We are now at the headquarters and it's been an hour since the others left specifically jisung, chenle, ryu and jeno.

" why don't we finish the day now.." mark declared as we all agreed and packed our bags.

" Areum are you going somewhere?" haechan asked as i was still putting my things inside my bag.

" uh.. Yeah" i answered him as he nodded at me.

We are now leaving the school campus and it was so quiet that no one was talking. Me and hyuck where walking behind the others so i decided to talk to him.

" hyuck.." i spoke. He looked at me while we are still walking our way.

" can.. You come with me??" i asked him. To be honest i needed someone right now and he has been with me the whole time. Might as well take the chance.

" where??" he asked as i lightly laughed at him.

" you'll see.."

We part ways as we stepped out on the school gate. We where walking on our way to the cemetery til we bump into ryu who was walking her way on the opposite direction.

" oh ari!" she smiled at me as i hugged her.

" where are you heading?? " i asked her as she pointed at the convenience store nearby.

" going to get some ramen and stuff" she said

" oh well we'll get going it's probably going to rain soon" i said. She smiled at me and bid our goodbyes.

As we got further away haechan spoke. " why did you bring me with you?" he asked.

" well you said you'll stay by my side. Then why not do it now.." i answered. We are still walking until a drop of rain dropped on my arm soon after it started pour faster.

" let's go there!" haechan pointed at the shed. We ran our way there as our heads are getting wet from the rain. As we got to the shed i looked at haechan. His hair got wet and also his clothes.

" i forgot to bring my umbrella today.. I'm so stupid" i said then afterwards i saw hyuck grabbing something from his bag.

" here.." he opened the umbrella and he looked at me. " well we have this now" he said as i smiled at him.

We went through the rain with the umbrella protecting us. It couldn't fit us both but we managed it. It got hyuck a little wet since we was placing the umbrella under me. Thoughtful.

"

you know i always wanted to rain.." i spoke.

" it just reminds me of times that usually gets me bored then I'll play on the puddles with my raincoat on. Splashing the water into the ground and getting my face wet.. Great times" hyuck stopped on his tracks.

" something wrong hyuck?" i asked him.

He was looking at me but then he shook his head and looked upfront. " we should get there i font think the rain will stop.." he said. Then we continued to walk.

What's up with him..

Few minutes have passed and we finally arrived. Me and hyuck went to my father's grave and it was filled with flowers and also soju bottles. Hyuck was still beside me so i took a hold of him since i can feel my tears falling down.

" d-dad i k-know your not there but if you can hear me. Please let me talk to you.." i said as i wipe my tears away.

I was there crying for two minutes in haechan's arm. I just missed my father. It's so hard for me to believe that he already died but I'm not going to accept anytime soon. My father is not dead, he is just out there somewhere. He'll never leave his daughter alone. He'll come back and see me again. To see me smile again just the way he made me to.

__-:-__

Lee;Donghyuck

" d-dad i k-know your not there but if you can hear me. Please let me talk to you.." areum said.

I can tell that she is crying. The way she grabbed my arm and hot tears falling from her eye's. I just can't stand anyone crying. It makes me cry too.

I was surprised when she bought me here. I didn't know that she's going to visit her father but i already knew that her father was here and dead. I didn't mean to be invasive but we already knew that she lost her father before we got her in the club. All of the students know. They even talked back at areum for not having a father.

She had a bad reputation before she even came. So when i met her those rumors where gone. She was still a normal girl with family troubles. She's like a lost sheep finding its way to its flock but I'm not going to let her get lost. I'll make sure she's safe..

I'll make sure I will stay by your daughter's side mr. Choi I'll protect her and make her happy as i can....

__-:-__

Hint:
PPP: UUUUUU Is a g👀d guy..

_popo