I

Have you ever thought about the meaning of life? Why some people die and others don't

Have you ever thought about the meaning of life? Why some people die and others don't. Why the good people always have it worse and somehow, the truely diabolical ones have it all worked out?

It was currently way past my curfew as I walked along the calm beach, hearing the waves crash into the sand creating a peaceful bliss. The bright moon illuminated a path of light across the horizon while faraway streets could be seen buzzing with life. I need some time to think, some time to get away from my extremely claustrophobic box of a house and feel the cool breeze on my face. I needed freedom. 

As I walked up the stairs to my porch, I could smell the burned ember of cigarette buds from within my home, seeing scattered beer bottles across the wooden floor. "It's midnight, we're the hell have you been?" My fathers voice slurred angrily behind me causing me to jump. I turned to see my father standing at the foot of the stairs, holding an empty beer in this left hand. i sighed feeling a sense of deja vu. 

"I just needed some air" I didn't make eye contact with him. i couldn't. The way he stood there, his eyes drooping down as he could barely contain himself, the alcohol taking affect. He didn't reply for a moment so i began walking upstairs towards my room before a hand wrapped around my wrist, causing me to jault back. My dads eyes were full of anger and hatred. His jaw clenched in anger while his fingers tightened their grip on my wrist. "D-dad you're hurting me" I chocked out in a panicked tone, trying to release myself from his grasp. His eyes lingered on mine for a few moments, although they weren't really looking at me. they were filled with an emptiness, a black hole of darkness and gloom. I felt his fingers release their grip, my hand instantly wrapping around my wrist, feeling a throbbing pain erupt.

After the sudden death of my mother, my father found comfort and stability in an endless pit of alcohol. Every night was the same, like clockwork, my father would show up completely hammered and angry. He would often take out his anger on me, substantially because I was such an easy target and he knew I wouldn't say a word to out him. 

We lived down at the coast in a large beach house which overlooked the beaches horizon. it was nice I will admit. Such a peaceful and serene environment to be in. My parents came from a wealthy background, both of them being lawyers, meaning big bucks and a highly respected status. But after my mum's death, my dad found him self unemployed and on the edge of multiple depts. He became distant and lost, loosing his motivation to care towards his own daughter. I got a job and often found myself taking over duties parents normally had to do seeing as my own father thought I was a burden to him.

After coming home most nights with a lingering smell of liquor and a behaviour worth while, he would use it to his advantage. He would tell me hated comments, ones that hit right in the heart like a blade, twisting just right until you could feel your heart stop beating. It used to be just verbal, but when he started getting physical...i knew i hit rock bottom. one night especially he came home with a broken beer bottle in his hands after getting into a fight with some guy at the bar. After 20 minutes of my father screaming long lists of profanities at me, he took the beer bottle, slashing it on my right side just below my rib cage. He left a scar. a big one. He had pushed me up against the wall and continued to tell me the line of issues I had and how it would all be so much easier if I didn't bother him with my problems. Ever since that night I have been incredibly terrified of my dad and what he is capable of.

I slid down the back of my door, tears silently streaming from my eyes and down my cheeks. I couldn't take it anymore. I had Endured my fathers abuse far too long, I couldn't let it keep going on. I walked over to my dial telephone that sat on the beside table next to my bed as my hands traced over the numbers. I didn't know if she would answer as it was early morning hours back in Tulsa, But to my luck she did. "Hello, Linda speaking" a voice sounded from the other line which made me sigh in relief.

"Nan?" I whispered quietly so my dad wouldn't be able to hear me.

"Amelia sweetie, is that you?" She asked concerned. 

"Nan, please you have to help me, I-I don't know what to do anymore" I say choking on my words, each tear dropping with a sorrow feel.

"sweetheart what's wrong, what happened" My nan asked, a sense of worry filling her tone.

I sighed, the back of my hand wiping away the stray tears that found themselves creeping down my neck."I cant keep living here, I cant-I won't" I sobbed into the phone. "Nan please you have to help me...I don't know what to do anymore" my tears where now soaking the collar of my shirt as I sat myself on the corner of my bed.

My Nan knew about my situation, and she felt guilty at the fact she was across the world and couldn't do much to help me. The line was silent for a moment, my nan trying to process what I just told her. "Amelia sweetie, why don't you come down to Tulsa to live with me. I can buy you a ticket that leaves first thing in the morning tomorrow" she says sweetly.

My eyes widened at the sudden opportunity. Should I go? But then I have to leave everything I have here behind. No i can't just pick up and leave everything. What about school? or my friends? i cant do that to them. My mind whizzed with thoughts "what? All the way in Tulsa- i can't just hop on the next plane and fly across the world that's crazy" before I could continue my long list of worries, she cut me off with a soft chuckle. 

"Trust me, Amelia...it's going to be okay" she stated which a clam tone. "Call me back in the morning and I'll let you know all the details, you're going to be okay, sweetie" and with that the line was dead. Without hesitation, I grabbed the suitcase from under my bed and started packing all of my belongings. I didn't know what I was packing, I was just throwing in what I could fit. All I wanted to do was get out of this house and as far away from my father as humanly possible, even if that meant going to a completely different country across the world. 

————————————————————————
ok pls i just re-read this book and what the fuck did i write. imma slowly start editing the chapters one by one and ATTEMPT to make this book somewhat better and readable so pls bare with me :)