XXVII

"Wooooo lets get this party started!" Steve yelled, switching on the radio

"Wooooo lets get this party started!" Steve yelled, switching on the radio. We had made it back to the Curtis house from the lake. Soda drove back as I have a massive hole in my leg but lol anyways. Darry and soda went and got the fireworks ready for later tonight, while pony, Johnny and I started cooking the food. Not gonna lie Johnny was actually amazing at cooking. But before I started I had to get changed out of my wet clothes and put on something decent.

Two-bit kept coming in and out of the kitchen carrying all the mugs. I was confused on why the hell he needed all the mugs but I let him be, after all he is two-bit. "Hey darry it's a bit muggy outside" two bit said trying to hold in a laugh. "I swear to god two bit if you brought all my damn mugs outside" darry said with his hands on his hips. Two bit and Steve started to crack up laughing while the rest of us giggled and started to question his existence.

"Alright food is done, time for dessert" I smiled wiping my hands on a towel. "What are we making" pony asked. "The famous chocolate cake" I smirked making Johnny and pony laugh. We started to make the batter when Steve and soda came walking in. "Wow what's that" Steve said eying the batter. "Nothing that concerns you now shew" I said swatting them away. "Common baby" soda said whining. "Nope" I said turning back to the cake making soda scoff in annoyance which made me laugh a bit. "Hey we'res dally" I asked poring the cake batter into the tin. "I think he is outside the back" Johnny said licking the spoon.

I placed the cake inside the oven and went out the back to check on dally. I walked out on the porch to find dally leaning on the pole smoking a cigarette. "Hey dal" I smiled sitting next to him. "What's up" he said not taking his eyes off whatever he was focused on. "I think I should be asking you that, you don't seem in the party mood" I chuckled. "Nothing don't gotta worry about me kid" he said taking a drag of his smoke. "Common dal we tell each other everything" I whined holding this hand. He sighed before proceeding to tell me. "Buck kicked me out and I know damn well my folks don't wanna see me and I don't wanna bother darry for a place to say" he trailed off rambling on. "Just stay at my house, I have a whole house to myself, could use the company" I smiled tightening my grip on his hand. "Are you sure, won't soda be upset or something man" he asked. "Nah he will understand and I sure as hell don't mind" I smiled at him. "Alright thanks man" he said ruffling my hair. I gave him a tight hug before standing up and going back inside, dally following behind me.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders and turn me around. "Hey Pepsi cola" I smiled leaning my head on his shoulder. "What's up with dal" he asked looking in his direction. "He just needs a place to stay so I offered for him to stay with me" I said smiling up at him. "Are you sure that's a good idea" he asked worryingly. "Soda we see each other as sibling dont worry nothing will happen" I said reassuringly. "Alright" he sighed. "Only because I love you" he said placing a small kiss on my cheek.

"Alright who's ready to eat" pony hollered bringing out the food. All the guys ran to the table, trying to get as much food on their plates as possible. I brought the rest of the food down to the table and sat next to dally and soda. Everyone was laughing and playing around. Two bit and pony both Arm wrestled for that last chicken wing and pony ended up winning, and let me tell you two was not happy about that. "Guys there's two more hours until New Years" Johnny said pointing to the TV were there was a countdown going. "Let's get the fireworks cracking!" Dally yelled running to the back yard were everyone followed.

"Alright listen here pony and Johnny I don't want yous to be lighting any fireworks tonight, I don't want y'all to get hurt" darry said pointing at them. "Yea sir" Johnny joked saluting darry. "Hey guys look what I got" pony said running inside and grabbing a bag. Inside the bag were these cheesy 1984 glasses and some sprinklers. "Omg I havnt seen one of these in so long" I laughed putting them on. "Gosh you look so damn cute" soda said biting his lip going in for a kiss. " uh uh uh" I said shaking my finger. "Not until tonight" I winked, making soda huff annoyed making me laugh.

I looked over to see dally and two bit mixing fireworks which was not a good idea. They lit it up and it set of a loud bang and sparks flying everywhere. Two and dally were laughing their asses off while we were trying not to get killed. "I thought I told you crackheads not to mix the bloody fireworks"darry said trying not to laugh. "You did.. but that didn't stop us" dally laughed.

I sat on the porch and watched the guys lighting fireworks. Soda looked so handsome with the moon light reflecting off his face. It showed all his attractive features. I still couldn't believe that I had someone like him in my life, and the gang aswell. I was lost in my own thoughts when I saw a bright light from the corner of my eye. I looked and saw a ladybug lit up. I screamed and fell off the porch trying to get up. Pony and Johnny also fell after me trying to run away. Darry was in the corner pissing himself laughing holding a lighter. "Darrel Curtis!" I yelled slapping his arm. "You should have heard your scream" he said in between laughs. "Damn that's the first time I have seen superdope laugh in a long time" Steve said patting him on the shoulder.

"Hey guys I brought my Polaroid camera, let's take some photos" I said taking out the camera. "Alright me and soda first" I smiled handing pony the camera. I jumped on sodas back while he held my legs. I leaned my head down on his shoulder both smiling while pony took the photo. We took another one except in this one soda was kissing my cheek while holding me in his arms. "Aw how cute I'm keeping this one" I said snatching the photo of me on his back, while he kept the one of him kissing my cheek.

I took a few more photos with the guys and then we took a group photo all keeping a picture. Johnny went to go check how long was left on the countdown. There was only an hour left until New Years. I went inside and cut up the cake onto plates and brought them outside for the guys while we all sat on the porch watching fireworks. " I'm really happy to be here with all you guys" I smiled taking a bite of my cake. "Me too" Johnny replied. We talked and joked around for a while before New Years started to get closer.

We ended up going out to the front of the house as people were lighting fireworks in the lot. There was 1 min left until New Years. I was standing with soda, his arms wrapped around my waist while the other guys were running around catching fireflies. The timer started counting down, every second getting closer. "3,2,1...HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone yelled from the streets. I turned to soda who was cupping my face. "Happy new year princess" he smiled leaning in for a kiss. I pulled away from the kiss, looking into his glistening blue eyes. "Happy new year baby" I smiled back leaning my head on his shoulder. "WOO GUYS ITS NEW YEARS" two bit yelled jumping on sodas back. "Happy New Years twobit" soda laughed running down the street with two on his back, with a sparkler in his hand. Who knew the next few years we're going to be amazing.

————————————————————————