XXXVI

It's Valentine's Day today and for once I wanted to do something for soda as he is always spoiling me

It's Valentine's Day today and for once I wanted to do something for soda as he is always spoiling me. I had been planing this for a few weeks and the day has finally come. He had always talked about loving to drag race and always loved going to them, so me being the great girlfriend I am, i decided to enrol him to race in a drag race.

I had bought a cheap car for soda that someone was selling , and Steve helped me fix it up before the race, making it look brand new. All the guys were in on the surprise and didn't tell him anything. I had woke up early that morning, to sort out the last few things I had planned. My dad had now gotten a job at the police station, as he was a Business attorney beforehand and knew all the things in the police department or whatever. I had helped dally get some things for his new room down the hall from mine, as I had a lot of money to spend. We were all settled in our home and started to feel more of a family day by day.

I made my way to the closet to pick out the perfect outfit for today. I chose a floral red and black dress, that was off the shoulders. I had put on my white pair or adidas shoes, and brought a black purse to match my outfit. I curled my hair and let it down just for soda. I put on his favourite perfume and added a little makeup before making my way downstairs.

"Wow you look really nice" dally smiled. "Thank you" I giggled. "You wearing that for soda huh" dally smirked. "Dally! Your disgusting" I yelled slapping him upside the head. "Alright you two" my dad laughed from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes at dally while he laughed at me and sat on the stool to the kitchen island. "Whatcha Making" I said mesmerised by the flower sitting on the kitchen counter. "French toast" he said flipping over the toast in the pan.

The three of us had breakfast together, talking amongst eachother. Ever since my dad had come back and told me and dally about the whole family thing, dally has been really happy and been getting out of trouble a lot more, which I was really happy too see. He was still going out and drinking a little and getting in some trouble, but wasn't getting sent in the cooler every week which was a big change.

After breakfast my dad headed off to work and me and dally went to the Curtis house. I had bought soda a present, AKA the car and drag race tickets, to say thank you for everything he had done for me the past year I have been here. "So you still taking soda to that drag race tonight" dally said dragging on his smoke. "Yeah, but I don't think I will be able to do it with him, because my wrist is still dyslexic" I huffed, making dally laugh. My wrist still hadn't healed properly and still had it's days but I would have to see how it was tonight.

We walked into the Curtis house to see pony and johnny on the couch watching TV. "Hey guys, we'res soda and darry" I asked leaning on the door of the couch. "Soda is still sleeping and darry is in the kitchen" pony said. "I'm getting a beer" dally said walking off into the kitchen.

I opened the door slowly trying not to wake soda up. I saw him sleeping on his back, hair brushed across his face, snoring lightly. I smiled at the sight of him before walking over and sitting beside him on the edge of the bed. I brushed a piece of hair out of his eyes, and gently placed a kiss on his head. He slowly awoke, locking eyes with me instantly. "Hey baby what are you doing here.. wow you look.... amazing" he smiled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Thought I'd surprise you for once and thank you" I laughed pecking his lips. He quickly pulled away, holding his hand up to his mouth. "Why did you stop" I whined. "I havnt even brushed my teeth yet" he smirked. "I don't care" I smirked bitting my lip before pressing my lips up against his.

The kiss lasted a few minutes before I pulled away smiling. "You should get ready I have something for you" I smiled getting up. "Oh really" he laughed. "Yess now get ready" I laughed walking out and shutting the door behind me. I walked out into the living room to find the guys had arrived. As I closed the door behind me the guys started cracking smiles at me, furrowing their eyebrows. "Oh quite it, nothing happened" I said rolling my eyes. "Sure what ever you say" two bit smirked.

A little while after soda walked out of the room wearing a white t-shirt, a red and black flannel and some black jeans, his flannel matching my dress. He had his hair greased back and wore his old black and white converse. "Hey guys" he smiled walking over and giving me a side hug. "Come outside on the porch" I smiled grabbing his arm, pulling him towards the door. The guys started hollering, me flipping them off.

I sat soda down on the steps of the porch, handing him his present. It was a small, black box. "What's this" he smiled looking up at me then down at the box. "Your always out here spoiling me and you don't even have much money, so I thought I would spoil you for once" I smiled. He gave me a heartwarming smile before opening the small lid of the box. In the box were a pair of small silver keys. The keys to his drag race car that I had bought and Steve helped touch up. "You got me a car" he asked surprised looking up at me. "That's only one part of the surprise" I smirked. "Follow me" I laughed excitedly dragging him down the street towards the DX.

————————————————————————