XXII

"What happened to her" "her dad happened" "i can't believe that he did that to his own daughter""God I'm such an idiot, I wasn't able to protect her from him""Soda it's not your fault man you can't beat yourself up about this"

"her dad happened"
"i can't believe that he did that to his own daughter"
"God I'm such an idiot, I wasn't able to protect her from him"
"Soda it's not your fault man you can't beat yourself up about this"

I could hear the conversation of the guys. I was half awake, I couldn't move or open my eyes but I could hear everything they were saying.

My eyes fluttered open, and I found myself laying on the Curtis's couch. I groaned in pain and tried to get up but instantly fell back down. "She's awake" Johnny said turning his attention to me. "Hey baby are you okay, how do you feel" soda said rushing over to me. "I feel dead" I said covering my eyes with the back of my hand. "What happened" I groaned. "Your dad knocked you out cold" soda said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "We're is he now" I said worried. "The police took him down to the station" Steve said standing behind soda. There was a long pause of silence. "look guys I'm fine, can I please get up" I whined. "No can do you've got a concussion so you have to rest" darry said coming out from the kitchen with a few aspirins and a cup of water. " how hard did that bastard hit me" I groaned falling back on the couch. "Well pretty hard because you have a giant bruise on your jaw and under your eye" Steve said crossing his arms. "Your kidding" I said with wide eyes.

"Alright well I gotta head to work, see you guys later and Amelia for gods sake please rest I don't want anymore injuries to worry about" darry joked grabbing his coat and walking out. "Wait what time is it" I asked confused. "7:30 in the morning" pony said looking at the clock. "Morning? How Long have I been out for" I asked shocked. "Since 5:00 yesterday"soda laughed. "Well my stomach is summoning me to bring it some food so one of yous go cook me something. Please" I smiled sarcastically. "Who do you think you are the queen" Steve rolled his eyes. "Yes now shew into the kitchen and get me something to eat" I said ordering him to the kitchen.

The rest of the day I was sitting on the couch watching movies as doctor darry ordered me to rest. Soda kept me company while all the other guys went out doing their own thing.

"So baby when's your birthday" soda said turning to me. "6th of January why" I said looking at him. "So I can get you something" he smiled. "No dont, I already have everything I want" I said, cupping sodas cheek. "What about you" " 8th of October" he smiled. "Dang and you didn't even tell me" I giggled lightly slapping his cheek. "What was that for" he whined holding his cheek. "Stop being a sook" I laughed turning back to the TV.

I was staring at the TV with sodas arm wrapped around me, thoughts flooding my head. I kept thinking about what my dad had said. had I ruined everything in my parents lives?, was it my fault that my mum died? I kept thinking about that moment when my dad had pushed me up against that wall. It reminded me of that one time my dad came home intoxicated and gave me that scar on my stomach.

"Amelia? Hey what's wrong" soda said shifting to look at me. "W-what" I said snapping out of my thoughts. I hadn't noticed but I was crying a little. "Your crying" soda frowned, wiping the tears away with his thumb. "Was it my fault that my mum died" I said turning to soda. " W-what no of course not and you know that" he said surprised, cupping my face. I started to cry a little more, tears falling off my face. Soda noticed and pulled me into a tight hug, and started to comfort me. He laid down on the couch then signalled me to come lay next to him. I laid down, squeezed next to him with my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and showered me with small kisses, sending me asleep, listening to his heartbeat.

~time skip~

I woke up and found myself laying in a bed. I looked around and realised I was in sodas room. I looked next to me and found ponyboy peacefully sleeping, but sodapop nowhere to be seen. I glanced up at the clock above their dresser and it read 9:47. I carefully got out of bed despite the massive headache I had, trying not to wake up ponyboy and walked over to the lounge room. I didn't see anyone there but I could hear voices in the kitchen. I walked towards the kitchen hiding behind the wall listening to the conversation. "She has gone through so much" someone said. "I love her darry, like a lot, I wanna marry her one day" someone said who I guessed was soda. I blushed at what soda said. "I know you love her, but it's too young for you to get married right now" darry Chuckled. "Yeah yeah I know but I will someday" soda said happily.

I walked into the kitchen rubbing my eyes, pretending I didn't hear any of their conversation. "Oh Amelia are you okay why are you up" darry said awkwardly shifting his gaze to me. "Yeah I just have a fat headache and need some tablets" I said walking over to the fridge. I grabbed a few aspirins and some water and chugged it down. "I'm gonna head back to my house, so soda can sleep in his bed" I yawned rubbing my eyes. "It's okay you can stay here i can sleep on the couch" soda smiled. "My house is right across the street, anyways you need sleep" I laughed lightly. "Are you sure you can stay here if you want"darry said leaning on the counter. "Yeah I'm sure I already stayed last night, thank you for taking care of me" I smiled weakly. "Alright I'll walk you back then" soda said grabbing my hand. "Alright by darry" I said smiling walking to the door.

Soda walked me back to my house and made sure I was all okay. " goodnight baby I'll be here first thing in the morning to check up on you" he said giving me a kiss. "Thank you, for everything" I smiled wrapping my hands around his neck. "I love you so much" he laughed wrapping me in for a hug. "I love you too" I giggled placing a small kiss on his lips.

———————————————————————-