XXXVII

"Alright close your eyes" I smiled, getting excited

"Alright close your eyes" I smiled, getting excited. We had arrived at the DX after walking for about 5 minutes of soda trying to guess his other surprise. I took his hand and led him to the garage were Steve was getting it ready. As I got closer I told soda to wait we're he was and not to peek.

"Hey Steve is it ready" I said walking in and seeing the car. "Yep all ready" he smiled, admiring his work. "Wow it looks amazing, thank you so much Steve for helping me" I said hugging him. I tossed Steve the keys as I walked back out to soda. "Can I open my eyes now" he whined impatiently. "Very very soon" I smiled walking him back towards the open areas of concrete.

A little while after Steve came out with the car, parking it right in front of soda. "Alright you can open your eyes" I said holding my hands up to my face in excitement. Soda opened his eyes, and they instantly locked on the car. He stared at the car in complete awe. "Omg.....baby... thank you so much" he smiled, running over to me, spinning me around in his arms. Steve hopped out of the car, tossing soda the keys. "Steve, what are you doing here" soda laughed, greeting Steve. "Well do you like it or not man" he laughed. "Wait you were in on this" soda asked. "Yeah Amelia got the whole gang in on it" he laughed.

He looked back at me and smiled before walking over to the car to get a closer look. He walked up to the side of the car, brushing his hand across the shiny paint. He circled the entire car, admiring every detail in awe. He finally came back into the drivers side and hoped in. "This is amazing" he said excitingly. "Well my work here is done" Steve said, pulling me into a side hug. "Thank you so much Stevie" I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist. "No problem, Let me know how tonight goes" he winked before walking off.

"What's Tonight?" Soda asked, glancing over at me. " I guess you'll have to see" I teased hopping in the passenger side. "Well are you gonna take it for a test drive or what" I smirked, before soda turned on the ignition, speeding off onto the streets. My hair was blowing, sodas hand on my leg while the other on the steering wheel. He pulled up to the small park by his house, parking the car near a large tree. We both got out and walked over to the fountain to take a seat.

"Thank you so much baby, I don't know how I could ever repay you" he smiled taking my hand in his. "Well I have one way you could repay me" I smiled up at him. "And what's that" he smirked. I reached into my back pocket, pulling out two tickets to the drag race tonight. "What's this" he said as I handed him the tickets. "I would love if you would go with me" I smirked. "Are these...tickets to the drag race!" He yelled in excitement. "Yeah" I smiled, laughing at this reaction. He stood up quickly, jumping in excitement, before pulling me into a tight hug. He pulled away from the hug before pressing his soft lips up against mine, kissing me like it was the last time he ever would.

We both pulled away from the kiss smiling at each other. "Thank you, I really do love you so much" soda said glancing into my bright blue eyes. "Your welcome baby" I said biting my lip, pecking his cheek.

After us two walking around the park a little and just enjoying each other's company, we finally made our way back to his house. He dropped me off at mine so I could get ready for the drag race tonight and he went to his to do the same. I walked into the house to find it empty. Dad was still at work, and dally must have been either at bucks or sodas house. I took this advantage of me being alone in the house.

I ran up the stairs to my room turning on the radio, blasting the volume up all the way. As I was jamming to the radio, I went over to my closet to pick out a cute outfit, coz I wasn't gonna wear a dress to a race. After a few minutes of me flipping through different outfits I finally found the perfect one.

As I was fixing up my hair, singing loudly to the music, I heard a light chuckle from the door way of my room. I looked over to see my dad standing there laughing. I quickly turned off the radio and stood there embarrassed that he had heard me sing. "You know you have a really good voice" he smirked leaning up against the door frame. "What are you doing home so early I didn't think you would be home till later"I said turning slightly red. "I got sent home early" he laughed.

As me and my dad were talking, I heard the door bell ring downstairs. "That must be soda" I smiled. "How'd he like the car" he asked walking downstairs with me. "Well he sure was surprised" I giggled. I opened up the door to find a handsome soda standing on my porch. "Hey there Pepsi cola" smirked, dragging him inside. "Hello sodapop" my dad said shaking his hand. "Hello sir" soda said shaking his hand back. "You ready" I said holding his hand. "Yep" he smiled. We said our goodbyes to my dad, before walking out into sodas new car, off to the drag race. Not knowing what we were in for.

————————————————————————