XIII

I unlocked the door to the house and walked in

I unlocked the door to the house and walked in. My grandma still wasn't back so I decided to bake a cake for her arrival. I was craving cake as well so it was a win win situation. I got out all the ingredients and started to make the cake.

After a little while of mixing and baking the cake was finally done. I placed the cake on a small stand on the counter for it to cool down. My grandma still wants back and I started to grow worried, but brushed it off. Maybe she was just stuck in traffic, I thought to myself.

I grabbed a book off the shelf in the living room and started to read it, the noise of the fire place crackiling, calming me down. I was reading for a while when i decided to go call the guys to have some cake.

I walked up the steps to the Curtis house and opened the door since it was never locked. "Hey guys I was wondering if y'all wanna come for some cake, my nana will be home soon so we can just hang" I said leaning on the wall. Almost instantly everyone stood up and rushed out the door. "I'll take that as yes" I laughed while walking back out with the guys.

"Alright you guys sit and I'll cut up some cake" I said while walking to the kitchen. Two-bit turned on the TV and started to watch Mickey Mouse like always, while the guys got comfortable. Dally walked in a bit after. "You got any beer in here" he asked looking through the kitchen. "You really think my nana is gonna have beer laying around" I laughed while cutting up the cake. "I don't know that's why I'm asking" he laughed a bit.

As I was cutting a piece of cake, the phone began to ring. "I got it" I said as I walked up and answered the phone. "Hello" I answered. "Hi, is this Amelia" a voice said sadly. "Yes it is, what do you need?" I asked now leaning on the wall. "This is Julie, your auntie" she said. "Omg aunt Julie how are you" I said happily. "I'm okay but uhm I called to tell you.." she trailed off. "Tell me what" I said anxiously. "I'm so sorry but... your grandma... she has passed away". I instantly froze. "I'll be over tomorrow as the funeral is also tomorrow" she said before hanging up. I put the phone back and slowly dropped to the floor. Dally noticed and soon came over to me. "What happend are you okay" he said hugging me. The room became quite as everyone watched from the living room . I hung on to dally tightly, crying on his shoulder, as he held me close. The past few months I had been here, I had Gotten really close with the guys but especially dally.He was almost like a brother I never had. He was always so kind  and was never cold or mean to me, as well As Johnny. "My...my nana" I managed to spit out still sobbing.

By now the guys had come over, wondering what had happened. "Baby what's wrong" soda rushed over to me, stroking my hair. Dally had let go of me and gave me to soda. I gripped onto soda tightly, resting my head on his chest. "My nana...shes....shes dead." I said in between sobs. The guys went quite, covering the mouths wit their hands, while soda Hugged me tighter.

Everyone one had comforted me the entire night and helped clean up. Darry and ponyboy had cleaned up the kitchen, Steve and soda stayed with me and comforted me while the rest of the guys cleaned around other parts of the house. I was shocked, as I had never in a million years thought they were capable of cleaning. Soda stayed with me that night, because I didn't want to be alone. I had thanked the guys over and over before they had left. I had fallen asleep on sodas lap on the couch. He had lightly picked me up and took me upstairs to my room. He placed me on the bed gently pulling the covers over me. He soon after hopped in pulling me close to him. "I love you so much baby, I won't let anyone ever hurt you" he said showering me with small kisses. I couldn't help but smile, even through all the pain I had gone through, he still managed to make me happy and smile. my eyes were red and puffy from all the crying I had done, and it didn't help that I was on my period aswell" I love you too Pepsi cola" I replied snuggling closer to him while he stroked my hair.

————————————————————————