VII

"Hey babe" I said kissing sodas cheek as I walked into the DX, exchanging a few dirty looks from the many girls flirting with soda

"Hey babe" I said kissing sodas cheek as I walked into the DX, exchanging a few dirty looks from the many girls flirting with soda. "Hey" soda said pulling me in by the waist, kissing my forehead. A series of scoffs and eye rolls came from the group of girls. "I suggest you leave if ya ain't buying anything mate" I said turning to them, still hugging soda. After a little while, they grabbed their stuff and walked out, giving me a bunch of dirty looks.

I reached out of sodas grip and pulled myself up to sit on the counter."thank you, You saved me" soda said sighing of relief. I gave him a wink and grabbed a coke bottle out of the fridge.

It had been around a month since I came to Tulsa. I had gotten pretty close with all the guys, especially soda. I had grown a tiny- okay well maybe a big crush on soda. I mean who wouldn't. I had gotten a job at the DX, since I wasn't going to school and had nothing better to do.

"Heyyyyy what's up stevie" I said fist bumping Steve as he walked in with grease all of his face "what's up Sheila" (for yous that aren't Australian Sheila is another word for girl or women)Steve said returning back a fist bump. Steve was obsessed with that word after he heard my nan say it so that was my nickname for him.Soda stared at us, eyes wide, before letting out a laugh. Gosh his laugh was so cute.
" what are you guys up to tonight" I said placing down my coke bottle. "We we're thinking to watch a movie back at my house with the guys, wanna join?" Soda said smiling at me, which made me die a little inside not gonna lie. " yeah sure my nans our tonight anyways , said she's going out with an old friend" "alright sounds good" Steve said before walking back out to the garage. "Anyways I better get going" I said hopping off the counter, stepping inches away from sodas face. "Why you gotta leave soon" soda said whining like a 5 year old kid who didn't get a lollipop. "Gosh your such a baby" I said rolling my eyes causing soda to laugh. "If you want me to come to your house tonight I gotta go get out of these disgusting clothes" I said in disgust, looking down at my dirty attire. "You look perfect to me" soda said tilting his head admiring me. "Oh stop it will you" I said covering my face. I gave soda a hug and shortly after walked out towards my house

——————————time skip—————————

I opened the door to my closet, pursing my lips figuring out what I should put on. After a while of just blankly staring at my clothes, I decided on some wide legged jeans and an old band T-shirt that was a bit too small. Everytime I wore something that showed my stomach I always put a jacket or something on top to try and hide my scar. It worked because none of the guys had noticed it yet. I let my hair down because soda loved my natural hair. I put a scrunchie on my wrist just incase I got annoyed and wanted to tie it up. After getting ready I finally made my way to the Curtis house, across the street.

"What's up hobos" I said- actually screaming-walking in jumping onto the couch, squishing dally In the process. " get off me will ya" dally said pushing me off laughing as I fell to the floor with a thump. Two-bit then started cracking up, causing the other guys to start laughing. "Real funny man" I said pulling up my pants. "What's that on your stomach" dal said looking.directly.at.my.scar. Great. "Just a scar, don't worry about it" I said pulling my jacket back over it. "Um no that is not just a scar, it goes all across your side Amelia, what happend" dally said now looking concerned. By now the guys were all looking at me waiting for me to explain. " who's got a scar?" Soda said walking into the living room with two bowls of popcorn. I sighed hesitant if I should tell them what it was really from. "Fine.." I said trailing off. "It's from my dad" I said gulping back the lump in my throat not wanting to cry of the thought of my dad "what in the world did he do to give you that" Steve said in a serious tone " wait I'm so confused what's happening" soda said still standing there with the bowls of popcorn.

I pulled off my jacket showing the scar, causing all the guys to gasp. Johnnys face went white at the sight of my scar. Soda placed the bowls down on the table and walked over to me along with the rest of the guys. " how did it happen" two-bit said seriously for the first time , not laughing like he always did. "He got wasted one night and threw a Broken beer bottle at me and beat me" I said looking down at my feet. The guys were silent for a moment just starting at me. "Okay guys quite staring at me its kinda creepy" I said pulling my jacket on, covering my scar. They all stood there like lost puppies giving me sad expressions. " guys I'm fine don't gotta be all pity towards me, it's the past, let's just enjoy the movie" I said grabbing a handful of popcorn and it sitting down on the couch. Everyone soon after returned to where they were sitting. Soda sat beside me on the couch and so did dally and Johnny. "Alright the Blair witch project or dumb and dumber?"(lets just pretend that these movies were made back then, don't come at me)Ponyboy said holding up two movies in each hand "Blair witch project" everyone said in unison. I looked over to see soda staring at me sadly " soda common I'm fine, see I'm alright" I said holding out my arms "I know, just the thought of him hurting you.." soda said trailing off. I grabbed his hand in mine squeezing it. "Soda I'm okay I promise, you don't have to worry about anyone hurting me, I'm with you guys now, I'm safe" I said then wrapping my arms around him, with his head resting on the crook of my neck. " okay you two, love fest is over, the movies on" pony said walking back over to the couch causing the guys to laugh.

————————————————————————