XI

We walked down the sidewalk with his arm around my shoulders

We walked down the sidewalk with his arm around my shoulders. We came across a small bench so we sat down. "Why did u want to go on a walk" I asked taking a seat. "I need to talk to you" he said turning to me. My smile faded and I started to become anxious. "W-what about" I asked gulping back the lump in my throat. He grabbed my hands gently and looked me in the eyes. "Amelia, the first day that I met you I knew you were different and I knew you would have a huge impact on my life. You weren't flirting with me like all the other girls when they came into the DX. You actually looked at me as a person not a piece of meat. Your beautiful and such an amazing person,Look I'm really bad at this stuff so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it" there was a pause. "Amelia, I like you, a lot, more than words can explain" I was shocked, did sodapop really just confess his feelings to me. No this can't be real. I'm dreaming. "I-I like you too soda"I smiled and He smiled back in excitement. "Will you be my girl?" He asked nervously. "Yes ofcourse I will!"I jumped up into sodas arms and he rapped his arms around my waist. "Well, now I can do this" he said placing me on the ground. "Do wh-" before I could finish my sentence his lips crashed into mine. He placed his hand at the back of my cheek stroking my bruise, and his other hand on my waist. He kissed my lips ever so softly and passionately that I didn't want to ever let go. We pulled apart, and I smiled like an idiot. "I love you so much Amelia Anderson" he grinned, cupping his hands around my face. "I love you too sodapop Curtis" hugging him resting my head in the crook of his neck.

We walked back to the Curtis house, our hands inter whined a little while later. "So Pepsi cola, I'm guessing you did it" two-bit said looking down at our hands as we walked through the . Soda looked back at me and smiled. "I sure did" he said happily before dragging me to the couch to sit next to him. The rest of the guys started hollering and laughing making me roll my eyes. "Gosh y'all are so damn loud" I said covering my ears, making the guys laugh even more.

We all hung out for a while, just talking and laughing. I looked up at the clock and realised it was getting pretty late. "Hey guys imma head out, it's getting late" I said getting up. "Is your grandma back yet"soda asked. "No not yet but I'll be fine" I smiled waving to the guys "bye guys" soda came out after me rapping his arms around me. "Can I spend the night" he asked stroking my side. "Are you sure darry is going to be okay with that" I asked. "Yeah why wouldn't he be"he said smiling. "Alright if you want. I'll be waiting" I said winking and walking into my house.

A few moments later I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door to find sodapop leaning on the pole. He was wearing some grey sweatpants and a black hoodie. "Hey, fancy meeting you here" he joked while walking in. "You wait down here imma go get changed" I said walking up the stairs leaving soda to sit on the couch.

I got changed into some grey sweatpants and put on one of sodas shirts. I threw my hair down for sodas sake and made my way back down stairs

"Hey you left hour hair down"soda said smiling at me. "Only for you" I smiled. "Let's watch a movie, I'll make some popcorn?" "How could I say no" he replied picking through some movies. "Alright which one home alone or back to the future" he said holding up two DVD's."mhm definitely home alone" I said before turning back to put the popcorn in the microwave.

As I was making the popcorn the phone started to ring. "I'll get it" I said walking over to pick it up. "Hello" I said answering it. "Amelia?" The person on the other end said. "Yeah that's me, who is this"I heard a chuckle on the other side. "You cant even recognise my voice huh"they said. I went quite trying to figure out who it could be. "Who is it"soda said turning to me while placing the DVD inside the DVD player, I shrugged. "It's your father you idiot" I went white. How did he know we're I was. My heart started to race. "What the hell do you want from me" is said, my voice trembling in fear. " I want you to come back home bitch, were you belong" he said angrily. I stood there for a second wondering what I should do, when the microwave beeped, so I hung up. "Who was it" soda said coming over and wrapping his arms around my waist. I flinched from his touch and he noticed. "Hey what's wrong are you okay" he said turning me around. I opened my mouth to try and say something but nothing came out. "I-it was... it was my dad"I stuttered.

Soda pulled me into a hug and started to calm me down. "Don't worry he cant do anything to you I promise. I won't let him" I wrapped my arms around his waist and we stood there for a few seconds. "Common let's watch the movie and get your mind of this" he said pulling me over to the couch while he got the popcorn.

For the rest of the night, we cuddled on the couch watching movies. Every so often, he would shower me with kisses and stroke my scar on my stomach, which made me feel embarrassed about it but he told me it was something I should embrace. I felt so safe in his arms, like nothing could ever hurt me. I later fell asleep on his chest while he stroked my hair gently, keeping me tight in his arms.

————————————————————————