XIV

I couldn't sleep that night

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept tossing and turning, thinking of my grandma. I still had no idea of how she passed away or when.

I had woken up for the 100th time that night. I looked at the clock on my wall. It read 6:27am. I decided to get up anyways since I was going to my grandmas funeral today. I looked over to see sodas arm wrapped around me, a little snore escaping his mouth. He even looked hot when he slept for gods sake. I unwrapped his arm around from my waist and got up, walking towards my closet. I picked out a knee length dress with ruffled shoulders and some black heels. I grabbed a freshly folded towel out aswell and made my way to the shower.

I walked into the bathroom and saw my face. My eyes were puffy and red and my hair was a mess. I took a long relaxing shower, calming me down a little. All these thoughts were rushing in my head. What was I gonna do. How am I gonna live on my own. What if my dad takes me back. How did my grandma die. My thoughts were broken when someone knocked on the bathroom door. "Hey baby you been in there for a while, you okay" soda said, I didn't even realise I was in there for so long. "Uh yeah I'm almost done" I said turning the water off and wrapping myself in the towel.

I got dressed and did my makeup. I threw my dirty clothes in the hamper and walked out. I didn't see soda anywhere so I figured he was already downstairs. I walked over to the door to walk downstairs when I got a sharp pain in my stomach. God damn cramps. I clenched my jaw in pain and slowly walked downstairs.

"Are you okay, do you need some aspirins" soda asked walking to me. "Yes please" I replied leaning on the counter. He came back with a cup of water and two aspirins. " are you gonna go today" soda asked leaning on the counter as well. "Yeah- yeah I think so, I have to find a way to say goodbye" I said looking down. Just then there was a knock on the door. I walked over and opened it to my find my aunt julie standing there with my older cousin Caleb. "Omg Amelia how are you" she said walking in giving me a hug. "I'm good, how about you I havnt seen you guys in so long" I said returning the hug. "Hey Amelia I missed you so much" Caleb said walking towards me.

"Uh guys this is my boyfriend sodapop" I said turning to soda, who had a smile on his face. "Hey nice to meet you man" Caleb said walking over to soda. They were both talking to each other while I was talking into my aunt. "How did she pass away" I asked her hesitantly. "You didn't know?" She said confused. "No she said she went out with some friends for the weekend, that's the last time I saw her" I said, mumbling the last part."hunny, she had cancer, she was getting treatment this weekend" my aunt said. I froze. Not my grandma aswell. My mum already passed away from cancer, and now my grandma. "Oh hunny she didn't tell you" my aunt said giving me a big hug. "No,no she didnt" I said sadly. "This must be so hard for you, first your mum and now grandma" she said patting my shoulder.

Later that day we went to her funeral. All the guys were there, as my grandma used to always help them after rumbles and just be there for them if they needed anything. It really helped them being there with me to support me through it all. Caleb and darry both buried my grandma. After the ceremony was over, I said goodbye to my aunt and cousin and the guys and I went down to the dingo for some food.

"You feeling alright" darry said sitting beside me in the booth. "Yeah, thank you guys for coming, I really appreciate it" I said looking at the guys. "It's no problem, your grandma helped us with a lot of things so it felt right to come" Steve said.

We all ordered our food and ate. After eating our lunch soda, darry, Steve and I walked back to the Curtis house. Pony and Johnny both went to the lot and dally and two-bit both went to bucks for a drink.

"Guys I gotta head to work I'll be back tonight" darry said grabbing his coat. "Alright by darry"soda said. "I'm going to grab some cake" Steve said walking to the kitchen. "Steve you literally just ate lunch" I said laughing a bit. "There is always time for cake" Steve said smirking. Soda sat beside me and started to give me small kisses along my neck and cheeks. "Sodaaa your Bestfriend is here" I whispered, giggling a bit. "Who cares"he said going back to kissing my neck. His touch made me melt inside. It was almost intoxicating, I wanted more.

Just then Steve walked in with a big plate of chocolate cake. "Alright who wan to watch a mov-" he paused when he saw soda kissing my neck. "Alright soda cut it out man" he said making gaging noises. Soda blushed and looked down.

We were watching tv when I heard small screams in the distance. "Guys do you hear that" I said looking out the window. "Hear what" soda said not taking his eyes off the tv. "The screams" I said trying to listen if I heard them again when I heard someone yell sodas name. "Please tell me you heard that" I said looking at soda, who noticed it and stood up immediately. "It's ponyboy and Johnny" he said rushing out the door. "Steve common" I said getting up and racing after soda towards the lot.

————————————————————————