III

The cold winter air blew against my skin as I stepped off the plane

The cold winter air blew against my skin as I stepped off the plane. After an exhausting 16 hour flight I finally made it to Tulsa Oklahoma. The weather was drastically different to what it was in Australia and i definitely wasn't prepared for it as i was only in a blouse and flared jeans.

After stepping outside looking for my nana for about 5 minutes, I finally spotted her. I ran over to her, dragging my luggage behind me in a frenzy. I indulged her in a tight hug feeling like all my problems had just faded away. "My gosh Amelia how much you have grown" she said stroking my hair with a soft chuckle. "i missed you so much. thank you....for everything" I said separating from the hug as she smiled with her hands on my shoulders. "It's no problem hunny, now come along we better be getting on our way now" she said smiling holding the passenger door open for me

- - ┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈ - -

We slowly pulled into the drive way of my new home, seeing my nans house. It was a small two story house with a wrap around porch. There were two armchairs in front of a large window out looking the front lawn were you could admire the scenery of my nans garden she put her heart and soul into. My nana loved plants so as you could imagine there were many beautiful flower gardens and freshly groomed bushes which created a peaceful and welcoming environment. As I walked in the house I was welcomed with a fresh scent of musk. "So what do you think?" my nana said coming up behind me.

"It's beautiful, cozy" I say smiling, looking around the warm house.

"Let me show you to your new room" she said excitingly walking up the stairs while her white hair bobbed in place.

I follow her up the staircase and made my way into a cozy room. The was a queen sized bed in the middle of the room with two slim windows on either side, looking out to the street. Beside the bed were two bedside tables with small lamps with copper rims. To the left of the bed was a closet and then a door leading into my own small bathroom. there were bookshelves filled with small plants rows of novels. I set my bags down and turned back to my nana pulling her into a hug " thank you so much nana I don't know if I could ever repay you for this" I say walking over and sitting on the bed.

"don't worry about it sweetie, now I'll let you unpack and get settled and I will get started on dinner" she says walking out closing the door behind her. I grab a freshly folded towel from my closet and make my way to the bathroom to wash off the smell of travel. I turn on the hot water and step in, feeling the rush of water relax my muscles. the water trickled down my neck and down my arms, making me close my eyes in the blissful moment.

"Oh Amelia hunny could you please take this bag of garbage out to the bin?" My nana asked holding up a bag in front of me after i had walked downstairs to help with dinner after my shower. "Sure" I say grabbing it out of her hands and walking out the front door.

As I open the bin lip and place the garbage inside I notice the house Across the road. The house was full of laughter and yelling. I find myself staring, thinking of my friends back home in Australia and how much i already missed them. My thoughts were interrupted when the door to the house slammed opened, revealing two teenage boys walking out, closing the gate to the house behind them. I quickly close the lid of the bin and see both boys eyes on me. The street light glows on their faces revealing two attractive boys. One of the boys were wearing a black leather jacket with a cigarette hanging from his lips while the other boy wore a denim jacket with his fists stuffed inside, walking along the footpath.

They both make eye contact with me, so I smile before quickly turning around and walking up to the porch and back inside,

"Sure does take you a while to take the garbage out" my nana said jokingly, grabbing out two bowls of spaghetti and placing them on the table.

"Who lives across the street?" I ask curiously.

"oh the Curtis's, they are some lovely boys, you should meet them tomorrow... make some friends" she said taking a seat at the table. i nod, taking a seat at the table, curiosity about the two boys occupying my mind for the rest of the night.

————————————————————————