XXVIII

I woke up to the scent of sodas cologne

I woke up to the scent of sodas cologne. Everyone slept at the Curtis house seeing as it was too late and everyone was already there. I was laying in sodas bed with him and I'm guessing the rest of the guys were out in the living room.

His hand was around my waist with his head nuzzled in the crook of my neck. I smiled at the sight of him sleeping. I brushed the hair out of his face and kissed the top of his head before he slowly started to wake. "Hey baby" he said in his groggy voice, which let me tell you was very sexy. "Hey, I didn't wake you did I?" I smiled stroking his cheek. "Even if you did I don't mind" he smirked giving me a soft kiss. He cupped my cheek and turned me over so that now he was hovering over me. I giggle into The kiss which deepened and started to get pretty heated, but as much as I loved soda I didn't want things to lead to another. I pulled away and smiled up at him.

"Hey what happened" he asked stroking my hair. "If I tell you something please promise me you won't be mad" I said fiddling with the locket that soda got me for Christmas . "Yeah of course, you will never make me mad" he said reassuringly. "It's just...I don't wanna do it before marriage" I said looking away. Soda shifted to we're he was now sitting beside me. "I can't imagine me getting pregnant at an early age in life and not being able to take care of it. I'm not saying you wouldn't be a good father it's just, I think we should wait until we either get married or We're at an age we're we can support ourselves and a kid" I said rambling on. "Amelia, it's okay I understand completely, plus relationships don't have to always be about sexual things" he smiled pulling me into a hug. "I'm so glad you understand" I said with a sigh of relief. "Of course, You can always count of me" he smiled giving me a kiss on the head.

As me and soda were in the moment I heard a loud crash downstairs, following along with Steve cursing and two bit laughing. Me and soda laughed slightly before he got up and went into the bathroom. I had always left a few spare clothes in sodas room just incase these things happened. I rummaged through the draws before finding an outfit.

Soda came out of the bathroom as I finished changing. "Wow you look better in that then me" he joked. "Of course I do" I said flicking my hair which made him giggle. "We should get downstairs before the gang come in here and start their shit" I laughed dragging him out the door downstairs.

"Dally you cant hit people for being stupid" darry said placing his newspaper on the table. "And why not" dally said crossing his arms. "Because if we did, ponyboy would have a concussion" darry said trying to hide a smile. "Hey!" Pony said offended. I looked at soda and we both started cracking up laughing as well as the other guys. "Don't worry pony your not stupid" I said in between laughs walking over to the couch.

"So what were you guys talking about" I laughed jumping on the couch sitting on dallys hand. "Get your fat ass off my hand" dally whined. "Oh shut it" I laughed. "Well dally was telling us how he smacked a kid at the store the other day because he didn't know how to spell beer and pony and Steve got scared of a spider" Johnny laughed."hey I was not scared" they both said at the same time. "Classic" I said shaking my head. "Well soda, Amelia we have work today so chop chop" Steve said clicking his fingers. "Right, soda can you get my DX shirt for me" I smiled innocently. "Fine, only because I love you" he smiled running up the stairs. "God yous make me sick" dally said fake gagging. "Shut your mouth two-boob" I said flipping him off.

Soda soon came down with his and my DX shirt. "Let's go" soda said walking towards the door. "Alright bye guys" I smiled waving to the gang. I got a series of goodbyes from the guys before walking out, beginning my journey to the DX, not really a journey but whatever. "What did you guys get up to last night" Steve joked elbowing soda. "God damn Steve, we were literally sleeping" soda said annoyed. "I'm sure you were" he winked making me laugh.

As we were walking towards the DX, we about a street away when we heard the roar of an engine behind us. "Don't tell me" I said stopping in my tracks. "Socs"soda finished. We turned around to see a blue mustang pull up beside us, 4 of them get out. We hadn't seen socs in a while and they just show up out of nowhere how pleasant. "Well well well" bob said stepping towards us. Soda pushed me behind him which honestly annoyed me a bit because I could stick up for myself. "What do you want bob" Steve said annoyed. "Her" he smirked pouting his finger at me. "Well tough luck because your not getting her" soda said defensively. "Well I always get what I want don't I" bob smirked. "Get her" he ordered his friends.

Two of them came after me and tackled me to the ground while the others were fighting Soda and Steve. I some how managed to free myself from their grasps after kicking them in the place we're the sun don't shine, able to get my switchblade from my pocket. "Back off" I said sternly holding up my switch. They back up a bit before one of them spoke up. "Common this was a blow" he said wiping the blood of his nose. They got into their mustang and sped off giving us a dating glare.

I looked back at soda and Steve who were both bleeding and were cut up a bit. I looked down at my arm to see a small cut from a rock when I was pushed down. "Common let's get yous cleaned up" I said dragging them along to the DX.

————————————————————————