XXI

"Get up sleepyheads!" Two-bit yelled throwing a pillow on my head

"Get up sleepyheads!" Two-bit yelled throwing a pillow on my head. I groaned and brought the pillow to my face, blocking out the sunlight. "What time is it?" I said sleepily. "7:00 in the morning common get your lazy asses up" he yelled, going to the kitchen to find some food.

I looked over to my right to see soda rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Good morning handsome"I smiled, brushing back his hair. "Good morning baby" he said in his raspy voice.

I got up off the couch and saw dally still sleeping peacefully. I had no idea how he slept during two-bit yelling, but he did. "Dallas Winston if you don't get your fat ass up right now!" I yelled causing him to jump awake and fall on the floor. I started to crack up laughing, that I couldn't breath. "What was that for!" He said angrily. "You wouldn't wake up so I had to do something" I said in between laughs. "Y'all are a pain in the ass" he said getting up rubbing his head. "Oh hush I know you love me" I laughed tilting my head. "Yeah yeah whatever imma go have a smoke" he said ruffling my hair and walking out onto the porch.

Everyone was already awake so I decided to make some breakfast, Everyone agreed on pancakes so that's what I made. " yo Pepsi cola we gotta head to work today, Amelia do you have a shift today?" Steve asked stuffing the last pancake in his mouth. "Oh yeah I do let me go get dressed quickly" I said running up the stairs.

I put on a white shirt and some blue washed jeans. I put on my black and white converse and my DX shirt on top. I put my hair up in a ponytail and put on my favourite perfume and some mascara.

"Hurry up we're gonna be late!" Soda yelled as I ran down the stairs. As I was running down, I skipped the last two steps and went flying into Steve, making us both fall down. "Someone wants to fly" Steve laughed helping me up, and soda laughing in the corner. "Oh shut your mouth" I laughed flipping off soda. "Common I'll drive us there" I said grabbing my leather jacket and the keys and walking out to the car.

We pulled into the DX and I made my way to the cash register were I worked. I hadn't been to work in a while, since my grandma died so as you could imagine the place needed some organising. Soda and Steve both left to go into the garage and get everything sorted before people started pulling up.

I started to clean and rearrange the shelves when someone walked in. "Amelia, great to see you at work" said my boss walking towards me. "Hey boss, yeah sorry I havnt come in for A while. " I said placing the gum packet on the shelf. "No that's okay I heard about your loss, I'm so sorry" he said sympathetically. "Thank you, for understanding" I smiled walking behind the counter. "So we're Steve and sodapop" he asked looking around. "They're in the garage fixing the place up" I said. "Alright, I'll be on my way, hope everything works out okay" he said smiling at me. "Thank you boss, have a great day" I waved before he walked back out.

-time skip-

I looked up at the clock across the room. It read 4:55. 5 minutes until my shift was over. I started to pack up the register and wipe down the benches. The bell above the door rung, meaning that someone had come in. "Sorry were closing right now" I said without looking up. The door shut and heavy footsteps were coming closer towards me. I looked up and saw him. Standing there, right in front of me with his fits balled up. I was lost for words and didn't know what to do or say. "D-dad what are you doing here" I stuttered, taking a step back away from him. "I have come here to take you back, you can't just leave like that I'm your father!" He yelled. "Yeah well obviously not a very good one" I yelled back, swallowing the lump in my throat. He stopped in his tracks just death staring me. "How did u find me" I said, tears forming in my eyes. " I worked as a Business attorney, you really think I wouldn't know people to track you down you idiot" he said now taking steps closer to me.

He came up right to my face. I could smell the alcohol in his breath. "I'm not gonna let you do this anymore to me" I said, my voice cracking. He scoffed shaking his head.

He pushed me up against the wall, making the picture above me fall on the floor. I groaned in pain holding my shoulder. He came at me and punched me square in the face. "You ruined everything for me you little bitch!" He yelled kicking me in the stomach. "Soda, Steve!" I tried yelling before I got kicked in the stomach again, sending me on the floor. He was now straddling me, punching me in the face. I had no more energy and the room started to spin. He was yelling something but I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. Before I blacked out I heard soda and Steve come in, one of them pushing my dad off me, and someone come up to me, it then went black.

————————————————————————