XVIII

I woke up to knocking on my front door

I woke up to knocking on my front door. I had fell asleep on the couch, the TV still playing. I slowly got up but instantly fell to the floor. I finally regained my balance and walked to the door.

I opened the door to find soda standing there awkwardly. His eyes were puffy and red and his hair was all messed up. "S-soda what are you doing here" I said looking down. "Can I please talk to you, about yesterday, about us" he said sadly, mumbling the last part. I took a deep breath in and stepped to the side, signalling for him to come in.

He took a seat on the couch and started to fiddle with his hands. I sat down beside him, but keeping my distance. "You wanted to talk, so talk" I scoffed, leaning back. "Look Amelia I really do love you, a lot. And your probably not gonna believe me when I say this but I'm just gonna say it" he said, pausing. "Sandy forced herself on me, I was pushed up against the pillar that's why It seemed like I was kissing back. But I wasn't, I promise I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you and you know that" he said now holding my hands, stroking my bruised knuckles. "And I know I should have said something after but I was in shock and I didn't know what to do and-" he said trailing off. I looked him and the eyes before he said anything and pushed my lips onto his. He was taken back for a second but kissed back.

We were kissing for a while before I pulled away to breath.  He had his hand cupped on my cheek, looking at me with his icy, blue eyes. "I'm so sorry" he said. "I know. I forgive you" I smiled before hugging him tightly. "Y-you forgive me" he said shocked. "Yes, I know you didn't do it on purpose, I was just overwhelmed with everything that has been happening, and I overreacted. "I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Does that mean that we still have our date on tonight" he said pulling away from the hug. "Yeah, we will leave at 7" I said smiling before he got up and left, kissing me on the forehead.

I smile to myself before heading up the stairs to get ready. I grab a freshly folded towel out of my cupboard and head into the bathroom to have a shower. I turned on the hot water and slowly go in, the water instantly relaxing my muscles. I couldn't stop thinking about soda. I couldn't believe that sandy the bitch forced herself on my boyfriend. She must be really desperate.

After hopping out of the shower, I quickly wrapped myself in the towel and made my way to my closet to pick out an outfit. I was staring at my clothes for what seemed like hours. I wasn't really one to wear dresses, but tonight was different. I picked out a cute red dress with a white cardigan and I wore a pair of my white converse. I let my hair down, naturally curly, just how soda liked it and put a red bandanna in it as well. I sprayed on some of my favourite perfume and grabbed my purse before heading downstairs.

I decided to walk to the Curtis house and wait for soda, as it was quarter to seven. I turned off all the lights and locked the door, walking towards their house.

"Howzit going bogans" I joked, walking in the house. "Is that how you Australians talk" pony asked. "Yeah mate" I laughed making the guys laugh as well. "So good ol Pepsi cola talked to you" two said taking a swig of his beer. "He sure did, trust me when I say this, I'm going to beat the shit out of that ranga bitch" I said pointing to guys laughing. The guys started cracking up at the slang I was using.

" you know you should talk more like that it's hilarious" Steve said wiping a tear from his eyes. Just as the guys were laughing soda walked out of his room. His hair wasn't greased back, instead he let it natural the way I loved it. He had a tight, white shirt that showed the outline of his abs and was wearing a black flannel. He wore some dark blue jeans along with his white converse. I smiled at the sight of him all dressed up. "Quick checkin soda out man" dally said dragging on his cigarette. I turned around to dally slapping the back of his head. "Pull your head out of your ass would you" I said causing the guys to laugh.

"You look beautiful" soda said placing his hands on my hips. The guys started to whistle and holler making soda flip them off. I giggled before he grabbed my hand and brought me outside. Tonight was going to be a good night.

————————————————————————