XXXI

"Keep it down will you, she's trying to sleep" I heard someone say

"Keep it down will you, she's trying to sleep" I heard someone say. "So sodapops getting married boys" one of them hollered. My eyes fluttered open to meet darry sitting across from me at the foot of the bed. "Morning sunshine" he smiled. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, adjusting to the light in the room. "Hey good morning guys" I smiled sleepily.

I thought back to last night. I couldn't believe that soda had proposed to me. I was now his fiancé....not girlfriend fiancé! But I don't think we would get married just yet, maybe when were at least 19. "How'd you sleep" soda asked pulling me closer. I had fallen asleep on his chest with his arms around me on his bed. "Surprisingly good" I smiled up at him. "Just to get things straight, last night wasn't a dream was it" I laughed a bit. "As real as a unicorn" two-bit said. "Two....unicorns aren't real" pony said with a weird look on his face. "Their just horses with a horn on its head, what's not real about that" he defended while I laughed in the corner. "It was real" darry laughed looking away from the argument happening from behind him. "Thank you guys for all this, i Owe you guys a lot"I smiled up at them.

"Well I'm gonna go start on breakfast and let you guys get ready for the day" darry patted my leg as he got up and walked into the kitchen. Soon after the guys made their way out, leaving me and soda left in the room. "Hey do you think we could go visit my grandma today?" I asked soda, leaning up against his chest listening to his heartbeat. "Yeah of course baby girl" he said playing with my hair.

"Alright well two bit if you ever see a unicorn call me first" pony said rolling his eyes. As pony said that, two bit got up and got an old role of paper towel and placed it on pony's forehead. "Look its a unicorn!!" Two bit laughed. The guys started laughing, while pony sat there rolling his eyes. "Classic" I chuckled.

"Look who finally decided to join us" dally said patting a seat next to him on the couch. "Here I saved some pancakes for yous, if I didn't the fat asses sitting around you would have ate them all " darry laughed bringing over a plate of pack cakes. "Thanks dar" I smiled. "So show us the ring" Johnny said smiling. I hadn't really gotten a good look at the ring to come think of it. I pulled out my hand so all the guys could see. It was a gold diamond cluster ring. It was gorgeous. Soda must have spent a lot on it, and I felt really bad because he has spoiled me so much and they don't even have the much money, while I have a lot.

"Wow, soda you did good" Steve said looking at the ring in awe. "All for my beautiful fiancé" soda smiled walking out the room. I blushed and looked down. "I can't believe yous are getting married" Johnny said. "Well not yet we're too young, but maybe in a few years" I said chuckling slightly. "It's okay I'll wait" soda said sitting beside me grabbing a pancake off the plate. "Darry you got work today?" Pony asked. "Yeah kid, I actually got to head in now, I'll talk to you guys later" he said giving me a kiss on the forehead and walking out.

Darry had worked so much this past year ever since their parents died. He had worked so hard to provide for his brothers. He wasn't even that much older than us. He only just turned 20, a bit over a year older than dally. I was going to repay all the guys for helping with everything really soon.

Me and soda finished eating the pancakes and I went into the kitchen to clean up a bit. I washed the dishes and wiped down the counters, placing everything away in their places. I wiped down the table and fixed things up around the house.

When I was done I went back into the lounge room to see the guys just watching TV. "Alright me and soda are gonna head to visit my grandma, does anyone else wanna come" I asked hugging myself in sodas flannel. I got a series of 'yeah's from the guys so we started our way to the graveyard.

~time skip~

I walked up to my grandmas tombstone and kneeled down on the soft grass. The guys stayed a bit back so I could talk to my grandma a little. "Hey grandma, I'm sorry I haven't been back since the funeral, I've just found it a little hard to come see you and really accept that your gone" I paused for a moment taking a deep breath in. "Soda proposed last night, you were right about the whole proposal thing. Without your help, I wouldn't have met soda or any of the other guys. Thank you for that. I've been taking care of your plants for you, keeping them all groomed and watered, just how you asked me" I laughed slightly as a tear fell from my eye, rolling down my cheek. "I love you and miss you everyday grandma" I said placing a kiss on her headstone and placing down the hydrangeas on the grass part, her favourite flowers.

I got up slowly and walked to the gang. "You alright" Johnny smiled giving me a hug. "Yeah, yeah I'm okay" I smiled. "Thank you guys for coming along" I said wiping a tear away from my eye. The guys placed some flowers down on her grave before we left. As I was walking out I swear I could see my grandma standing near the gate of the graveyard dressed in all white, blowing me a kiss and waving goodbye.

I smiled as a tear rolled down my cheek, knowing that she was in a better place and god was taking care of her. "I love you nana" I whispered before walking away. I could feel a gust of wind blew by me hearing a slight whisper in my right ear. "I love you Amelia"

———————————————————————