Chapter 2

The sun was setting as Sqaishey was headed home from recording. She stared at the door to the lonely house, at least it had been lonely since he went missing. She opened the door and stepped inside.

Alyx looked up when she entered and ran over to greet her, tail wagging and yipped a little.

"Hey Alyx." Sqaishey smiled and squatted down to pet the dog.

She licked her hand and yipped again, running around her legs then further down the hall.

"W-what is it girl?" Sqaishey asked, following her through the hallway and into another room.

She barked again and ran into the bedroom.

There on the bed, sleeping, was Stampy. His chest rising and falling steadily as he slept.

Sqaishey froze, the shovel that she was holding in her hand fell to the ground with a clang.

Stampy stirred at the noise and muttered something under his breath as he rolled over.

Sqaishey slowly walked over to the bed, her arm reaching out to make sure that he was really there.

When she touched him, he stirred, blinking his eyes and looking up at her. "Hmm?? Sqaishey??"

"S-Stampy...? Is that really you...?"

"Yeah?" He answered, sitting up, adjusting the glasses he realized he had on still and looked at her. "Why wouldn't it be?"

Sqaishey said nothing at just pulled Stampy into a hug, tears flowing down her face. "I thought you were gone forever..."

He accepted the hug but looked confused. "What? What do you mean? I just saw you last night?"

"What do you mean? This is the first time I've seen you in months!"

"What?!" He sat back and stared at her. "Tell me your joking!"

"Why on earth would I ever joke about something like that?!"

Tears brimmed Stampy's eyes. "Oh my gosh, Sqaishey!" He pulled her back into a hug. "I'm so sorry! I-I don't even remember disappearing! Last thing I remember is telling you goodnight! Last night! But apparently it was last month? I don't know, but I am so, so sorry!" He pulled back and placed a hand on her cheek, wiping some of her tears away. "I would never leave you like that... Not on my own will..." He told her, reassuringly as he started to cry himself. "Have... Have I really been gone, that long?"

Sqaishey smiled. "Y-Yeah, I've been getting really worried... but y-you're back." She put her hand onto Stampy's. "Y-you're really back..."

He nodded and gave her a smile back. "And I don't plan on leaving anytime soon..." He gasped. "We were supposed to get married a month ago!"

"I know... We've been holding it off incase you ever showed back up." She said. "Guess that'll be happening soon then huh?"

He beamed and nodded, leaning his forehead against hers with a small purr. "I guess so."

Sqaishey smiled, tears still flowing down her face.

"I... Heh, I don't even remember being gone but... But I missed you?" He muttered softly.

She chuckled. "I missed you too..."

Alyx ran over and jumped on the bed, tail wagging and licked Stampy.

He laughed and pet her. "Hey Alyx... Has anything changed while I was gone?" he asked Sqaishey.

"The Lovely Worlds been a bit lonesome without you... But besides that we've recently updated, now items and stuff."

"Really? Like what?" He asked, leaning back, tilting his head slightly.

"We've got foxes and pandas!" Sqaishey smiled. "Unfortunately the new stuff won't come to the World for some reason..."

"Huh... I'll have to look into it... But I'd love to see them! It's always fun to see new mobs!" He grinned. "Oh! Can we go look around town? I wanna see if its changed!"

"It's nearly nighttime but sure." She stood up and held a hand out to him.

He stood up, taking her hand, tail swishing behind him with a smile.

"You never have your tail out." Sqaishey remarked, leading him towards the door.

"Hmm?" He turned and noticed it swishing behind him, matching his more chipper mood. He stared at it for a moment, confused. "I... I don't?" He asked, slowly looking up at her, eyes full of confusion.

"You usually don't, not even in videos."

He frowned slightly. "Weird... I mean, you're right but... it feels like I have kept it out for... months..." He stared at it, starting to get lost in his thoughts.

Sqaishey shook her head. "No... you don't even keep it out in the house." She tilted her head to the side.

Stampy's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to understand the contradicting information in his head. "This... This doesn't make any sense..." he muttered, before running his hand through his hair, ears having laid down signaling his distress.

Sqaishey went up to him and brushed his hair out of his eyes. "I know... I know... The same thing's been happening to other people, and everyone agrees that it doesn't make sense."

He gave a small purr at the touch, relaxing a little. "This is so confusing... It's like... my instincts tell me one thing but my memories tell me another... I... I don't understand..."

"It's okay..." Sqaishey pulled him into another hug. "I'm sure you'll remember eventually..."

He held her close and nodded. "I hope so..." he replied before giving her a small smile. "Let's go look around." He told her, holding her hand.

She nodded before opening the door and leading him outside.