Chapter 62

Poke.

Poke poke.

Poke.

Jason stirred awake as he felt something poking at him only to see the spider hybrid staring at him, reaching out to poke him again.

Jason groaned and covered his face with his hands, the light of the room blinding him. His face felt wet, did he cry himself to sleep again?

"Are you okay?"

"No." Jason coldly replied.

"Well... I checked on princess... she is... upset but alright."

"She's okay?!" Jason's eyes widened. "Did she say anything?"

"Only requesting for me to keep an eye on you."

"So... she still cares...?"

"She's worried about you being in her mother's possession if that answers your question."

Jason felt a bit reassured by this and leaned back against the cage, looking down at the floor that was a long way beneath him.

"Whether that means she's still angry at you or not, I'm not certain but she certainly is concerned about you."

"To be completely honest... I'm still not sure if she wants to kill me or not..."

"Neither am I."

Jason let out an exasperated sigh and buried his face in his hands. "Ugh! I'm just so... conflicted!"

"About?"

"Her! Does she hate me? Does she... love me? Does she want me dead or alive?! I don't know!"

"Hard to tell."

"Everything here is just... confusing."

"This is true." She agreed, spinning a web to sit on.

"When will this torture ever end..." He was starting to tear up again. "At least there's someone here who's nice to me." He gave her a small smile.

She smiled back before letting it falter. "I don't know if this is good or bad for you but, you have other friends here too... I've heard them talking about them."

"Them...?"

"I... Do not recall their names but... Her highness sent the king after them..."

"What?!" Jason stood, the cage rocking a bit. "W-who else is here?! O-oh no..."

"I do not know but she gave him permission to do whatever he pleases..."

"Oh no.... no, nonono..." He paced around, hundreds of people began to flood his mind. People that he knew and could be trapped in this horrible place. Eventually it hit him.

"It's everyone we were talking to that night... isn't it...?"

"I don't know who you are talking about, so I cannot say."

"They're... They'll be fine... they'll be fine..." he took a deep breath. "I mean... I got out there once... why can't they?"

"I don't know if they know you are here or not..." She explained as she laid in her web hammock.

"It'd be better if they didn't. They should just go back home."

"If they can survive his highness..."

"B-be quiet! They will!"

She raised her hands defensively. "I'm just being realistic..."

"I mean I survived didn't I? Why can't they?"