Chapter 15

Jason hadn't kept his eyes away from the stars. They were so... enchanting, almost hypnotizing. He had lost track of how long he had been there.

He was startled away when the door opened.

Jason spun around to face it.

An enderman stood in the doorway, staring down at him. Its arms were folded behind him and gestured for him to follow.

Jason was hesitant, wondering why enderman wasn't attacking him but followed regardless.

It led him down the hall for a while but stopped when someone approached them, calling out. "JASON!"

"Huh?" Jason tilted his head to the side. Their voice was familiar, but he didn't recognize them.

A girl with straight dark purple hair that turned navy about 2/3rds of the way down. Her eyes were a bright purple and she wore what looked to be... a... a bed sheet?

"Jason!" She cried again but cried in surprise as she tripped and collapsed, falling towards him.

"Ah! A-are you okay?" Jason kneeled down, holding out an arm towards the girl.

She looked at his hand and took it, a faint blush appearing on her cheeks and nodded as he pulled her to her feet. "Y-yes... th-thank you, Jason..." she seemed to suddenly remember something and looked up at him. "And I forgive you!" She told him firmly, tears brimming her eyes.

Jason stared at her confused for a solid minute before it finally clicked. "St-Stella?!" He gasped, eyes widening.

She nodded rapidly, tears streaming down her face. "Yes! Yes! It's me!" She said relieved he recognized her.

The enderman watched, silently.

"Wh-what?! But how did you-?" This was probably the most confused Jason had been in this whole ordeal.

"I didn't do anything! She-" She stopped seeing the enderman narrow its eyes at her. She turned back to Jason. "I can't tell you everything. Not here. I'll be punished for even being out here and seeing you..."

"Punished? Is everything okay?" Jason looked down at his choker. He realized that it once again felt different, the metal star on the front was now gone. He no longer needed it now that she was right in front of him.

"I..." She hesitated, glancing at the enderman. "...Yes... Everything is fine..." She answered but her eyes told him something different. She suddenly hugged him and whispered. "We gotta get out of here but it won't be easy..."

Jason stood in shock but hugged her back, she was cold to the touch, and the light sheet she was wrapped in probably didn't help at all. "Wh... how do we?" His voice was a whisper.

"I'm not sure yet but any wrong step and we get caught could be very, very bad... I might be able to take out the enderman but we will have to run..."

"Ah... okay..." Jason frowned. He wasn't fond of the idea, but it was the only way they could get out of there.

Stella took a deep breath. "R-ready?"

"Y-Yeah." Jason slowly nodded.

Stella took a deep breath before turning to deal with the enderman only to find it had teleported away. "Change of plans! Just run!" She grabbed Jason's hand and took off, trying her hardest not to trip on her own feet or the bed sheet.

Jason followed Stella, stumbling along the way. He continuously checked over his shoulder for any sight of the enderman.

Stella kept glancing around, leading him down what felt like a labyrinth of hallways.