Chapter 31

(Trigger warning! Blood and abuse (mental, emotional and physical) please be cautious reading! There's gonna be quite a bit of scenarios like this in the future so please be careful! -Molly)

Jason felt something poke his arm. Then again. And again, before, "Come on, get up."

Jason eyes quickly opened, realizing that he wasn't in his own room. He froze in shock when he remembered where he was, and that the previous events were not just a dream. He sat up and clutched his head, it was pounding and hurt like nothing he'd ever felt before.

Phoebe raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh good, you're not dead. When I didn't hear you sobbing in your corner I almost got worried."

Jason looked up at her but didn't say a word. He must've passed out from crying, it was impossible for him to have peacefully fallen asleep in this situation.

She stood back up. "Tell me, what would you do to have her back?" She asked him, turning and stepping a little bit away.

"Anything..." Jason didn't even hesitate with his answer. "I just want my Stella back..."

"Even stay here, if she were to come back, forever?"

"I-" he began to answer but quickly shut his mouth.

She glanced at him, waiting. "Well? Would you?"

"M-maybe I would!" He seemingly blurted out, immediately regretting what he had just said.

She turned to him. "You'd really stay here, forever, if she came back?"

"If that means that she comes back then yes I would!"

She smiled a little, much nicer than earlier and stepped forward. "Then... Then Maybe I could bring her back..." She looked like she was actually debating it.

"R-really?" Jason's eyes slightly lit up.

She gave a small hum before turning back to him. "No."

"But you said-?"

"I lied. Geez, you really believed that?" She scoffed.

"I-" Jason closed his eyes and sighed, feeling like a complete idiot.

She rolled her eyes. "You must be pretty gullible in that case. That, or really pathetically desperate."

Jason had nothing to say back to her. She was right in both ways. He was acting like a fool in desperation.

She just kind of chuckled. "Tell me, do you know what it feels like to have your heart broken?"

"What do you mean? I've never had my heart broken." he frowned. "I've never been in a relationship all my life."

She turned away from him. "Well aren't you the lucky one..." She muttered sarcastically. "You know, you don't have to be in a romantic relationship to experience heartbreak." She told him. "Do you know why that is or how it occurs?"

"N-no I don't..." He was slowly getting more nervous.

"Well, for one thing, losing someone close to you, be it friend, family, etc. can cause it." She told him, keeping her back to him. "Another, being your answer. Love. Love makes you do stupid things, say stupid things, believe stupid things... It makes you go blind and become a foolish child around the source." Her voice sounded colder and more venomous.

"You want to believe with every fiber of your being that what you feel is true and that the other loves you the same way..." She scoffed. "But then a number of things can happen. One, They don't love you back." She cast him a brief glance.

"Two, They love you back but find someone they love more. Or Three... They love you, but..." She tightened her fists. "Something forbids it. Whether it be family, distance, or even race... It keeps you from getting to be with your loved one..." She shook a little.

"Or it's the lover who finds out something about you, something that shouldn't matter if it's true love, and they suddenly turn on you. Play you like the foolish child you are and next thing you know," She was suddenly, in front of him, cornering him against the wall, a very angry, hate and vengeful, and slightly crazed look in her eyes, snarling, holding something just out of his view.

"They're driving a blade through your chest, into your heart and leaving you to bleed out on the ground when you've already died of heart break in more ways than one." She hissed, venomously.

Before Jason had any time to react, she was pinning him to the wall with one hand and thrusting a blade into his chest, over his heart, with the other.

A scream escaped Jason's lips and his hands reached up to grab onto Phoebe's arm. He weakly tried to pull her arm away, but he seemed to be getting weaker by the second. Jason drew in a sharp breath and coughed, blood coating his lips and chin. His body shook and tears rolled down his cheeks, his eyes filled with pure shock and terror.

She glared at him hatefully and withdrew the dagger, letting him fall to the floor and just watched him try to stay awake. The knife dripped with blood, falling to the floor beside her.

Jason fell to his knees and hunched over, blood oozing from his chest and pooling onto the floor. His vision went blurry, seeming to fade into darkness. He slowly tilted his head up and gazed up at Phoebe, a faint whisper coming from his lips. "W-why...?"

"Because... I want you to suffer like we have." She hissed.

Jason's eyes widened as the pain tightened in his chest. It wasn't long before he was completely on the ground, the blood only continuing to grow. He was only able to get one more look at Phoebe when everything went black and he fell completely limp.