Chapter 8

Stampy tensed as he was made aware of the room being sealed off and his breathing hitched.

"You okay?" Jason's voice was merely a whisper.

Stampy slowly shook his head with a faint whimper.

"What's wrong." He continued to pet him.

"I-I... I-I'm scared..." He replied, voice shaking as he stayed close to Jason. "I... I remember more than I said I did..." He admitted, shaking.

"You do?" Jason asked, surprised. "What else do you remember?"

He hesitated. "I... I remember all the... the shadow things.... your friends, Sqaishey... you..." He shivered. "I... I remember the blood...There... There was so much..." He was shaking a bit again but tried to stay grounded with Jason petting his hair. "I remember we almost died... a lot..."

Jason nodded. "I wish I could agree but... I just can't remember any of it." He frowned. "I don't know how only one of us can remember this..."

"I-I don't know..." Stampy replied softly. "Maybe it's because when I saw them that it triggered something for me?"

"I guess so..." Jason wondered. "But based off of what you just said.... Were we really there together?"

Stampy nodded. "I remember that much pretty clearly." He confirmed. "That's why I knew Stella..."

"So Stella was with us?"

"Yeah... She... She was from there."

"She was?!"

Stampy nodded. "You said you met her on the... Ship I think, you woke up on?"

Jason fell silent, vaguely remembering there first encounter. "Stella?"

"Yes, Captain?" She asked.

"You're from that place... Aren't you?"

"...Yes, Captain."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"I did not remember, Captain. Most of my memory was wiped."

"But you remember where you're from?"

"... Sort of..." She admitted softly.

"Then why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I... My programming restricted me from saying anything until either of you remembered..."

Jason sighed. "Really?"

"...Yes, Captain..."

Stampy listened quietly to the two.

"But then... Who programmed you?"

"I... I cannot say, Captain."

"Why not?!" Jason's voice was rising.

"I am programmed not too..." She kept her voice soft as she answered.

Jason leaned back and huffed in frustration.

"I am sorry, Captain..."

"Are you really sorry?" Jason snapped.

Stampy frowned as he listened.

Stella fell silent. "I... I do not know what you are wanting me to tell you, Captain..."

"Well, I'm your captain! Don't I have a right to know what you know?"

"..." Stella didn't respond.

"Why can't you just give me a straight answer?"

"I-I'm sorry, Captain... I-" She tried.

"Stop apologizing!"

"I-..." Stella stopped. "...Y-Yes, Captain."

"So you'll answer to that?"

"...Yes... Captain..."

Stampy sat up and watched unsure if he should interfere.

"Why!?" Jason's hand was wrapped around the glowing star resting on his neck.

"I... I am... programed to obey you, Capt-"

"Then why didn't you tell me about all of this before?!"

"...My programming, Captain... I am-"

"Who are you gonna follow!? Your programming by someone who you don't even remember, or me!?"

"I do remember them Captain... You are unauthorized to-"

"I am your captain!"

"...I am sorry, Captain but-"

"SHUT UP!" Jason took the choker off his neck, his hand squeezing around the star.

Stella fell silent, remembering the last time told her to do that. "C-Captain, I-"

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Jason threw down the choker onto the bed. "IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE HELPFUL WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT OFF!" He stormed out of the room.

Stella fell silent and Stampy watched him storm off before approaching the choker. "S-Stella??"

"...Yes?"

"A-Are... Are you okay?"

"I am a robot I cannot be hurt."

"That's not what I-"

"Going into Standby mode."

"Stella, wait!"

The choker's glow dimmed to almost gone and Stampy was left in the room alone.