Chapter 24

Jordan trailed after Jerome and Tyler through the woods, carefully helping clear paths when the ground started to rumble. His eyes widened and he looked around.

Jerome picked up speed, the cracks growing faster and faster. They rapidly expanded, the three having to jump over the canyons to make it across the changing terrain.

Jordan ran slightly behind him doing his best to stay ahead of the cracks.

Tyler was last, tripping and slipping over the cracks. Branches caught onto his jacket and into his hair. Up ahead there was a large canyon with no way around.

Jordan's eyes widened seeing the canyon. "I think we're gonna have to jump the gorge!" He called.

"C-can we make it?" Tyler said between short breaths.

"Just jump!" Jerome called. As they neared the gorge he slowed down for a bit, letting out a sigh before he began walking on all four of his limbs much like a bear. He bolted off faster than ever before, picking up speed until he neared the canyon, when he launched himself into the air. With just one leap he was soaring over the canyon, landing back on his arms and feet on the other side. Jerome got back up and turned towards the others, holding his arms out. "Hurry!"

Jordan took a deep breath before taking a running start and leaping and teleporting to the other side, tumbling to the solid ground with a gasp.

Tyler slowed to a halt at the very edge, his face frozen in fear. His eyes darted from the bottomless gorge to the others and his hands shook.

"Tyler! Come on!" Jordan called.

"I-I can't!" Tyler yelled back.

"Tyler!" The ground slowly cracked beneath Jerome's feet.

Jordan stood. "You have too! It's going to give out from under you!"

Tyler closed his eyes and took a few steps back, his breathing becoming heavy. He sprinted towards the edge jumping right as the ground disappeared beneath him. As if the world knew that he had jumped the crack expanded. Tyler yelled in pain as he hit the side of the canyon, his hands grabbing onto a few spare rocks. He dangled on the side, the void just below him.

"Tyler!" Jordan exclaimed, watching with wide eyes. He wasn't sure what to do... HE might be able to grab ahold of him and teleport them both to safety but he wasn't sure...

Tyler clung to the edge, looking up at the others. Jerome ran to the edge and got on his knees, trying to reach a paw out to Tyler but to no avail.

Jordan took a deep breath and came over. "Jerome, grab hold of me and I'll grab onto Tyler and you pull us up, okay?"

"O-ok..." Jerome sat up and reached out to Jordan. "Just don't take too long, I won't be able to hold on for long."

"Right. If all else fails I should be able to teleport us..." He took a deep breath and reached for Tyler.

Tyler reached again, his grip slowly becoming more and more loose. Jerome grabbed onto Jordan's waist to keep him from falling. At this point the cracks on the ground had stopped, aware of what the three men were doing.

Jordan reached down as far as he could. "Tyler, can you reach?" He asked, stretching as much as he possibly could towards him.

Tyler took a deep breath and reached again, the tips of his fingers brushing across Jordan's.

Jordan grunted. "Just a little more Tyler!"

Tyler was just about to grab ahold of the other's hand when the rocks he had been grabbing onto slipped, Tyler beginning to fall once more.