Chapter 39

Jordan was trekking slightly behind the others as they searched for Mitch and Jerome.

Sqaishey sighed. "They couldn't have gone that far..."

"I dunno... Mitch seemed pretty mad." Tyler frowned. "He was probably trying to get as far away from here as possible..."

She huffed. "Well, we gotta find him and Jerome so we can get outta here."

"Yeah... Y'know I'm getting really sick of this place by now..."

Jordan nodded. "I think we all are." He agreed.

Tyler silently nodded and glanced over at Jordan. "You still doing okay?"

"...Debatable." He replied tiredly, running a hand through his hair.

Sqaishey glanced at them. "I'd offer to take a break but we don't know if they are still going."

"Hopefully they've tired out by now but who knows with them..." Tyler sighed.

Sqaishey nodded. "So we gotta keep going until we either find them, or can't move anymore."

"I guess so..."

Jordan glanced at them. "Well, talking about finding them isn't exactly helping find them." He pointed out.

"You know what..." Tyler smirked and rolled his eyes.

Jordan just grinned as they continued to move on. "What? I'm just telling the truth."

"Whatever you say." Tyler looked before a slight look of mischievousness spread across his face. "Race ya there?"

"Heh, you sure you wanna race someone who can teleport?" Jordan teased.

"Oh..." Tyler looked away embarrassed.

"But... I'm willing to race ya on foot if you really want." He smiled.

"Promise you won't cheat?"

"Promise."

"Ok then." Tyler took a deep breath and sprinted into the distance.

Jordan laughed and took off running after him.

Tyler darted between the trees and jumped over rocks, his breaths getting quicker with each step.

Jordan did his best to keep up with him without tripping over anything.

Sqaishey ran behind them. "Guys! Wait up!"

Tyler continued to run but quickly stopped when he heard a thumping sound in the distance. He held an arm out to the others quickly approaching to signal them to be quiet.

Jordan slid to a stop beside them and Sqaishey stopped and quietly came over.

"What is it?" She whispered.

"I'm not sure... do you think it's okay to go towards it?" Tyler nervously replied.

"I don't know..." She answered.

"I mean... What if it's the others? And they might be in trouble!"

Jordan sighed. "We won't know unless we go look."

Tyler nodded and took out his sword. "Just stay alert and ready..."

Sqaishey nodded, holding out her fan and Jerry changed into a sword as they approached.

The thumping grew louder and louder, only to reveal Mitch in the middle of the woods. He was punching a nearby tree, his fists turning bloody and bruised. He seemed enraged, but what he was so angry over wasn't clear.