Chapter 49

The hallways once again seemed endless, with barely any extra rooms branching from them.

Stampy frowned a little as they walked down the halls with no luck.

Quentin grew increasingly nervous and his pace quickened.

Stampy noticed this and gave him a concerned glance. "Kippy?"

Quentin looked back at Stampy, his eyes a bit wide.

"Are you alright?"

"Are we lost?"

"Uh... Maybe. To be fair, I've been pretty lost this whole time. But whenever I turn to backtrack, it's as if I made no progress at all and just end up back where I started rather quickly."

Quentin looked down. "Then is there even a point?"

"Well, do you have any better ideas?"

Quentin closed his mouth.

"Then we keep going."

Quentin frowned but complied.

They kept walking and quickly lost track of time as they did when Stampy suddenly stopped.

Quentin wasn't quite paying attention and bumped into the other, jumping a bit and looking back at him.

"Shush, I hear something up ahead." He whispered softly, ears twitching.

Quentin froze up and hid behind Stampy.

Stampy hesitated. "It's around this corner up ahead. I suggest we keep moving forward if we can and try not to be noticed."

Quentin stood still for a moment, visible uncomfortable at this.

"It's the only option we really have," Stampy told him.

After a while Quentin nodded, his grip on Stampy tightening.

"Alright, come on." They carefully started to move onward.

Quentin walked a bit slow, trying his best to not make any noise.

Stampy peeked around the corner and saw a strange monster thing standing in the hall.

The creature heavily resembled a blaze, but also didn't at the same time. Floating between the spinning rods was a strange humanoid figure. Parts of its body were completely made of fire and lava, while the rest was completely burnt. Obsidian chunks lined the transition from burnt flesh to lava skin. It faced away from Stampy and Quentin, pacing the hallway.

Quentin looked at the monster in horror, having seen nothing like it before.

Stampy's eyes widened at the sight of it before quickly tearing his eyes away and trying to move forward quietly.

Quentin walked faster than ever before, glancing back at the creature once more.

To his horror, it had turned and was staring back at him before it started to give chase to them. A strange noise coming from it that they couldn't quite understand.

Quentin's mouth opened as if to let out a scream and he began running.

Stampy heard him pick up his pace and glanced back, his eyes widening and quickly took off as well.

Quentin was quickly passed by Stampy, who could run faster than him. Regardless he still continued to run, making pretty decent pace despite the fact that he hadn't tried running in his puppet form.

That was until...

CRASH!

Quentin's legs quickly gave up beneath him and he came tumbling to the ground. His wooden hands and face hit the smooth floor with a loud clang that echoed throughout the hall.