Chapter 52

(This Chapter is a flashback! But for your convince I have turned off the Italics! Things in bold and/or with ' instead of " are thoughts! Enjoy! ~ Molly)

Quentin woke up to the bright light of a ceiling lamp and a sharp pain in his stomach. He slowly sat up, noticing that he was in some sort of bedroom, but not his own.

The room was covered in white, from the walls, lamps, and even the bed he was sitting on. It practically hurt his eyes just to look around the room, but he got up regardless.

Wandering around the room Quentin realized that besides the furniture there was nothing in it, as if it had never been occupied before.

"Oh! You're awake! That's great!" A voice spoke up as the door opened.

Quentin yelped and jumped back, looking over at the owner of the voice.

Penelope stood there with a smile. "I'm glad you're awake. I was worried you might not wake up."

He looked at her hesitant, his hands turning into fists. "Who are you?! Where am I?!"

"My name is Queen Penelope. You are in my palace."

"But how did I...? I thought I was... dead!"

"I resurrected you. You're welcome." She replied.

"So am I in heaven or something?" He looked around the white room, feeling a bit more comforted.

She chuckled. "Not exactly." She replied. "You aren't dead. You're still mortal."

"Oh..."

"Well, welcome to your new home." She told him. "Make yourself comfortable."

Quentin stared at her. "Home? Where are the others? Stampy and Jason?" He had no memory of meeting them right before they were brought back to the real world.

"Oh, your friends? They made it back. They're just fine." She brushed off the question. "I'll give you some time to get situated. Just tell the room what you need and it'll appear."

"So they're safe? Promise?" He pressed.

"As of right now, yes they are safe. I promise. Kala cannot hurt them anymore."

He relaxed a bit with this before one last question came to his mind. "What's going to happen to me?"

"Well, you'll stay here. You can live here in my palace. It has everything you'd ever need."

"Why can't I go home? Is it because I died? You're the one who brought me back to life, so why can you just take me home?"

"It is because you died. You didn't make it with them. I can only send people back on certain occasions."

Quentin looked disappointed in this but didn't press any further. "Guess that's my fault for sacrificing myself..." he turned around and stared at the wall.

"If there's anything else you need, let me know." Penelope then left the room.

Quentin let out a loud sign and flopped onto the bed. He started at the ceiling for what seemed like forever. He understood why he was here but the whole thing just felt.... off. He took a sword to the gut then suddenly ended up in some sort of seemingly paradise. The whole thing just felt weird.

Eventually enough time had passed and Quentin got quite bored of staring at nothing and thinking to himself. He stood up and walked across the room, reaching for the handle of the door.

The handle turned under his touch and opened the door.

Quentin stepped out into the hallway.

It was large and very empty and quiet.