Chapter 12

Sqaishey looked behind her, seeing Stampy’s claws. Her eyes widened as she bumped into something hard and wooden, the door!
Stampy leapt at her aiming to stop her.
Sqaishey fiddled with the doorknob, her hands furiously shaking.
The door swung open allowing him to just barely miss her and leapt again snarling angrily.
Sqaishey ran through the yard, unsure on where to go.
"Get back here!" He snarled, reaching out for her again.
“No!” She continued to run, not sure of where she was going.
He bounded after him, swiping whenever he got close enough.
She didn’t look behind her and only ran. The terrain around her began to change.
"SQAISHEY!" He yelled, finally tackling her to the ground.
“Gah-!” Sqaishey fell to the ground the grass beneath her becoming black and decayed.
He snarled as he dug his claws into her shoulders with a dry chuckle. "You didn't run fast enough, little duckling..."
Sqaishey screamed. “L-let me go!”
"Sorry little duckie, but I gave you your chance." Stampys form had shifted into an ashy black with red eyes. 
He kept her pinned there and raised a hand to swipe at her.
Sqaishey held her arms out in front of her the best she could, shielding her eyes from whatever he was planning to do.
Stampy was about to claw her but was tackled off making him cry out in surprise. 
"Leave her alone!" Jordan demanded, wielding a bright green sword and tumbled to the ground beside Stampy, letting go off the sword and letting it turn back into a little slime. 
"J-Jordan?!" Sqaishey's eyes widened.
"You okay, Sqaishey?" He asked, keeping Stampy at bay.
She paused and stared at him... Was he real? She had no way of telling. She only nodded her head.
"Jerry! Mind giving me a hand here?!" Jordan called. The little slime leapt up and onto Stampy's face, blinding him. 
"Get off of me!" He snarled. 
Jordan went over to Sqaishey and offered his hand. "We gotta get out of here!"
"I-" Part of Sqaishey wanted to trust him, but what if he was like Stampy? Surely it couldn't be... Without thinking too hard about it she grabbed Jordan's hand, praying that she made the right decision.
He pulled her to her feet. "You okay? He didn't hurt you too bad, did he?" He asked, showing genuine concern for her well being while Jerry fought with Stampy.
"A few things just hurt, that's all..." She sighed. "You're real... right?"
He chuckled a little but nodded. "Yeah. I am. I promise. Think you can run?"
"I think so..."
"Good. Jerry!"
The little slime leapt from Stampy and latched onto Jordan's outstretched arm and they took off quickly.
"Get back here! Sqaishey!" Stampy yelled after them but they lost him not much later.
“Where’d you get that thing?” Sqaishey huffed, her breaths quick and sharp.
"I found him where I woke up," Jordan explained glancing at the slime that stayed attached to his arm.
"He's safe, right..? Like that A.I thing?"
"Yeah. Jerry's safe." He agreed. "Right, Jer?" 
A small splotch noise came from the slime making Jordan smile.
"O-okay..." Sqaishey looked over her shoulder, noticing that "Stampy" was nowhere to be seen and that they were safe. She slowed down to a walk. "Where'd you get him?" She looked at the slime curiously. "He's quite cute."
Jordan smiled. "It was at a place that looked like my ultra modded survival house. A huge tree house. He was just there when I woke up." He explained. "I... I know he's not the same one I had but... we clearly bonded."
"Your survival world? How'd you get here then?"
He chuckled. "Well, I woke up at the tree house and started wandering around..."

Jordan gasped as he jerked up, sitting in a bed. He looked around confused. He recognized where he was but... It wasn't the same tree house he had fallen asleep in. He noticed he was fully clothed too and grabbed his glasses sitting on the table nearby, sliding them on. 
He stepped out of the bedroom area and looked around, utterly confused before realizing. "Is... Is this what they were talking about?" He muttered as he started looking around but was startled by a noise behind him and quickly turned around only for his eyes to widen at the sight. 
Tears brimmed his eyes and he slowly sank to his knees, voice filled with emotion as he spoke, "J-Jerry?"
The little slime looked up at him with big eyes and blinked innocently at him before hopping a bit closer and rubbing up against his leg. 
That's what made Jordan break down. 
He carefully picked up the small slime, despite the stickiness and held him close but gingerly as if he'd vanish at any second. "J-Jerry... It... It's really you..."
He shakily stood and looked around and frowned slightly. "This... This isn't home though..." 
He suddenly stopped smelling smoke, making his eyes widen. He turned around and saw a large fire raging through the house. "Oh no..." He held Jerry close and took off but was quickly cut off and was stuck with the only option to jump from a large height. "No! No, no, no, no!" 
Jerry hopped out of his arms and covered his shoes, making a noise at him. 
Jordan stared at him before hesitating. "Alright, Jer! We're jumping!" He leapt over the edge with a cry and gasped as he was sent back into the air. 
After a couple of bounces, he landed and Jerry reformed. "Wow! Great job, Jerry! Thank you!" He picked the small slime up again. 
"Let’s get out of here!" 

"And we found our way here..." He explained.
“Wow, guys we’ve both been through a lot. It really does hurt to see something you love get destroyed before your very eyes.” Sqaishey frowned when listening to his story, but was thankful that he was okay.
Jordan nodded. "Heh, thing is, I'm not that hurt by it. I still have Jerry. I have like... 5 tree houses." He laughed with a smile.
Sqaishey chuckled. “I guess so.. I’m honestly surprised the one back in town isn’t a treehouse, though you do have one in the backyard.”
He grinned. "What can I say, even I want a bit of a normal house sometimes." He chuckled.
Sqaishey rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She looked around the forest that they had found themselves in. “If both of our worlds are connected and we somehow found each other that must mean that some of the other’s might be here too, right? We can’t be the only ones that got trapped here.”
He nodded. "Yeah. That's what I'm guessing. Let's start looking. Ready?"
“Yup.” She nodded.
They headed off, unsure of where they were going.