Chapter 64

Stampy glanced around as they walked through the halls, Elio beside him and Quentin leading.

They were once again seemingly walking in circles. It wasn't until they could hear voices down that hall that Quentin quickly pulled the others into an empty room.

Stampy's ears laid back as he hid but listened making out small words but not a lot of the conversation.

Quentin peaked his head out the door, seeing too large shadows down the hall.

No one could make out what they were saying and they watched as Kala bowed and left and Penny turned to leave.

Quentin's eyes grew wide as Kala began to walk down the hall they were in, the memories of everything the demon did to him rushing back all at once. He quickly popped back inside the room, growing into a bit of a panic.

Stampy quickly moved to try to calm him down while Elio made sure they weren't noticed.

Quentin's breathing grew quick and his heart raced.

Kala stopped in front of their room and turned towards their door and moved towards it, swearing he heard something but stopped when something else grabbed his attention and he sighed and moved along.

Quentin breathed a heavy sigh and leaned against the wall as the footsteps faded away.

"You okay?" Stampy asked him.

"Y-yeah I... H-he's the one who-" Quentin seemed panicked, his angry demeanor disappearing completely.

"Yeah... I know I was there."

"He's the reason I'm here..."

"Yeah... Cause she saved you from him."

Quentin rolled his eyes. "Saved me... I wish he'd have just killed me forever..."

"Kippy..." Stampy frowned.

Quentin sighed. "Sorry... I just... I don't know how much longer I can do this for... I've already been here for years."

"I know. That's why we are trying to get out."

"I know I've said this countless times before but, can we at this point? We've been walking in circles."

"I... I don't know... I want to." Stampy replied with a sigh.

"I do too... We have to..." Quentin glanced over at Elio.

Elio nodded.

"I just... I don't know how..."

"None of us do... But we'll find it."

Quentin sighed and slumped to the ground.

"Do you want to take a break?" He asked.

"We can't, though." He bluntly responded.

"Oh... Um... okay."

"We... We have to find Jason, right? And Elio's friend?"

"Kora." Elio confirmed.

Stampy nodded. "Right."

Quentin stayed on the ground for a moment before slowly getting up. "Come on... let's go."

Stampy helped him up and Elio opened the door.

They went back into the hallway, it's appearance shifting once again. The doors had moved and the hallway was now curved instead of straight.

"Well... It's something different." Stampy commented.

"I guess so..." Quentin added. "But I bet this just leads into another circle."