Chapter 65

After a couple hours, Jordan stirred awake and looked at the others who were still asleep. He smiled tiredly and nudged them. "Time to get up guys."

Mitch woke up pretty quick this time. He blinked a few times before staring at Jordan. "Oh crap, did I pass out?" He muttered.

"We all went to sleep." He confirmed. "It seems alright though."

Mitch gave him a smile. "That's good." He turned to Jerome and shook him a bit. "C'mon, wake up Biggums."

Jerome's eyes slowly opened and he yawned. "Hm...? What's going on...?"

"It's time to wake up sleepyhead." Mitch replied with a chuckle.

Sqaishey stirred. "Do we have to??" She muttered softly.

"We gotta get moving." Mitch replied. "The rain's gone."

Tyler woke up last. His eyes were wide, and actually had some sort of energy to them.

Jordan nodded. "Best time to get moving."

"Yup." Jerome stood, grabbing Mitch's arm and pulling him up. Tyler got up and stretched.

Sqaishey stretched as well and glanced outside. "I bet it feels great outside after the rain."

"I dunno, this humidity's already making my fur feel gross." Jerome complained.

She laughed. "Well, it feels nice for me at least."

"You're lucky then." He huffed.

"Awww, do you need to get the shears out?" Mitch teased.

"Oh don't you dare start that again."

Jordan laughed. "We don't need to see a furless Jerome."

"Trust me, you don't." Jerome chuckled, causing Tyler to laugh behind him.

Sqaishey laughed. "I'm glad Stampy isn't a full cat, He would look weird furless." She laughed.

"Nah he'd just look like one of those hairless cats." Tyler remarked.

"It would still be weird." Sqaishey giggled.

"You got me there."

"Well let's stop talking about him and go already! The sooner we get to the beacon the sooner we get to go home and see him and everyone else again!" Mitch exclaimed.

This made Tyler turn visibly uneasy.

Sqaishey beamed. "Yeah! I'm ready to get married already!" She laughed.

He nervously looked away.

Jordan looked at him. "Tyler? You okay bud?"

Tyler tried to shake away the thoughts crawling back from the previous night. "Y-Yeah! My arm's just uh... hurting again, that's all!" He remembered what the demon had told him, how the others were still there. They couldn't go to that beacon, it wasn't the right way.

Jordan frowned. "Do you want one of us to look at it before we go?" He offered.

"Ah, sure? I think it's just hurting while it heals though..."

Sqaishey moved to come look at it. "Probably but we want to make sure it's not getting infected or anything either." She told him.

Jordan nodded in agreement.

"I guess so." Tyler held out his arm. "Do you guys really think the beacon's the best way to go...?"

Sqaishey nodded. "If it gets us home and back to Jason and Stampy and everyone else, then yeah."