Chapter 58

It wasn't long before Tyler had completely crashed out, which was a bit surprising considering the rain.

Sqaishey noticed and smiled. "I'm glad he's getting some rest."

"He needs it." Mitch responded. "I think we all just need a five year nap after all of this."

"That would be nice." Jordan agreed.

"Even more reason to keep moving." Jerome added.

Sqaishey nodded.

The forest seemed to endlessly continue, and the rain didn't stop. As if the forest itself knew that they were there, the trees became less dense as to ensure that the rain would soak them.

Sqaishey didn't seem to mind too much but Jordan was growing more and more tense.

"You okay Jordan?" Mitch slowed down his pace a bit so that he was walking by him.

"Just... a bit stressed about all this water."

"If it gets too much just tell us and we'll find some shelter, kay?" Mitch gave him a small smile. It was clear that Mitch was trying to make up for the way he treated the other earlier.

Jordan nodded. "Okay... Thank you."

"No prob!" Mitch continued to walk.

As they moved, the trees became thinner and the rain heavier.

Thunder boomed in the distance, gradually getting louder and louder.

Suddenly the sky lit up as lighting began to struck with a loud crack. Tyler immediately bolted awake with a scream, gripping tightly onto Jerome as his body began to shake.

Jordan also jumped a bit and gave a small hiss.

Jerome looked back at Tyler, who was anything but calm. "I'd say we should take shelter again, but I don't see any caves around..."

Sqaishey sighed. "Me either."

"Even Mother Nature hates us here." Mitch bluntly responded.

Jordan nodded in agreement, giving another hiss as water splashed near him.

Tyler nervously looked over at him.

"Can we find somewhere less wet, please?" Jordan asked, shifting a little.

"I wish we could but... I can't find a single place." Mitch responded.

Sqaishey looked at Jordan. "It'll be okay, we'll keep looking."

Jordan frowned but nodded.

"Y-yeah! There has to be a place somewhere... right?" Mitch looked up at Jerome, who only shrugged.

"Surely." Sqaishey agreed.

"If worst comes to worst we can huddle under a tree and hope for the storm to pass.." Tyler muttered.

"I guess." Jordan muttered.

The wind began to pick up, blowing the rain into a slanted direction. Jerome quickly noticed this and moved in-front of Jordan so that the rain hit him instead. Still on the bacca's back, Tyler tightened his hood and buried his face into the other's jacket.

Jordan winced but looked up at him. "Thanks..."

"No problem." Jerome gave him a fanged smile back.

"There has to be some shelter around here somewhere!" Sqaishey called out, shielding her face the best she could.

"I'm not sure!" Mitch yelled over the rain. It was getting harder to hear their voices. "Should we just take shelter behind some trees?"

"I don't think that'll be good enough!" Sqaishey replied, trying not to get blown over. "Especially not for Jordan!"

Jordan was looking around trying to spot anywhere that could work as shelter.

The sound of branches cracking could be heard in the distance, and lighting struck once again.

Jordan jumped giving a hiss as he did.

Sqaishey winced at the noise and was starting to shake. "We gotta get outta here!"

Tyler shook again, face still buried.

Mitch's brow furrowed and he look Jerome's paw, signaling for him and the others to walk faster.

Jordan and Sqaishey hurried after them.

Soon Mitch was jogging, not really sure where he was going.

Sqaishey was trying not to slip in the mud as she fought to see anything ahead of her as it became heavier.

Jordan noticed Jerry was starting to struggle under the weight of the rain.

"Where are we going?!" Jerome yelled.

"I have no idea!" Mitch replied.

"Well we better figure it out soon! The water is starting to flood!" Sqaishey hollered.

"Well sorry I can't make a cave appear!" Mitch responded.

"We need a mountain or something to dig into." Tyler quietly said.

Jordan glanced around for any sign of a mountain or shelter of any kind before vanishing in a teleport.

Sqaishey looked back. "Jordan?!"

"Again?!" Mitch slowed down to a halt.

"I don't know where he went!" Sqaishey tried looking around for him when he reappeared, his eyes casting a purple glow around them as they reflected in the water. "There's a mountain to our left with a cave a bit higher off the ground." He told them.

Mitch jumped at Jordan appeared and let out a small yelp. "C-cool! let's go then!"

They all hurried over and climbed up into the cave.