Chapter 22

Jason woke up, having fallen asleep from crying so much. He scanned the room, realizing that Stella was still gone. He dizzily got up and walked across the room, picking up his hat and putting it back on (backwards, of course). He walked by a mirror and stared at his reflection.

His eyes and nose were red, and his hair still a mess despite now being mostly covered up. His eyes drifted down to his choker, where she used to live. Jason's hand trailed up to the little star and rubbed the edge which was no longer glowing.

It hadn't been ever since he got there. She wasn't a program now, the charm was back to the little speaker that it had once been before.

Jason stared at himself for awhile, his expression becoming increasingly more frustrated.

This was it, the only person that he knew here was now gone... he was alone... unless...?

Jason turned away from the mirror and swung open the door. He left the room, not showing any concern for monsters or demons, and headed down the hall towards the dreaded laboratory once more.

The monsters seemed surprised from their post when he swung the door open and stormed out, ignoring them like he owned the place and looked at each other confused.

Jason practically sprinted down the halls, blindly wandering them. It seemed like ages until he reached the lab.

Opening the door he ran down to the control panel and turned on the lights. He then went over to the case where Stampy was, staring at his sleeping body.

He hadn't moved an inch since he had last been here.

Jason placed his hand on the glass. He wanted to break it, smash it into pieces, but he couldn't. What if it hurt him?

Jason looked at the bottom of the tube at a set of foreign characters, trying his best to memorize them before heading back to the control panel. He stared at the panel until a particular button caught his eye, his gut telling him to push it. When he did more control panels rose from the ground on his sides, each one filled to the brim with letters marked with similar characters. He looked for the one that looked the most similar to the characters located on Stampy's case and pulled it.

There was a hissing sound and the glass slid away, opening Stampy's chamber but he remained asleep inside.

Jason's eyes widened and he ran over to the chamber. He looked up at Stampy, tears in his eyes.

Slowly his ears started to twitch as he started stirring. He gave a small groan and blinked a couple of times. "Hmm??"

"G-good morning, Stamps." Jason smiled softly.

"J-Jason?? What are you doing here??? And... where is here???"

"Long story..." Jason held his arm out to Stampy to help him down.

Stampy took it and shakily stepped down, looking around, eyes widening at the sight. "What the heck?! What is this place?! Why are there so many people in cases?! Wait! I was in one?!"

Jason looked at Stampy before he pulled him into a hug. "I just... you're back... you're really back." He said in between a few small sobs.

Stampy stared at him surprised but hugged him back. "Uh, y-yeah?? I... I'm still really confused, though?"

"I'll explain later... we have to get out of here before I get yelled at again..."

"Yelled at? By who?" Stampy asked, still trying to understand what was going on.

Jason pulled away. "The queen." He said before grabbing Stampy's hand and leading him out of the lab.

Stampy looked surprised and followed after him. "The queen? Jason, I'm very confused..."