Chapter 32

(Trigger warning! Blood and abuse (mental, emotional and physical) please be cautious reading! There's gonna be quite a bit of scenarios like this in the future so please be careful! -Molly)

Silence and darkness was all that Jason could see and hear now.

Just nothingness.

It seemed to stay that way forever.

Until a very faint ringing reached his ears. It was just the quietest of noises but seemed like an alarm clock compared to the stuffy silence.

It slowly started growing louder and he could make out muffled noises beyond the ringing.

And seemingly within seconds, pain flooded his body, pulling him back to his senses.

Jason bolted up, hand grasping at his heart. His breathing was quick and short, and sweat trickled down his face. Looking down Jason noticed something most peculiar; not only was he still alive after being stabbed in the heart, but he was completely clean. Not a single drop of blood was on his clothes or the ground, all that was left being on the knife laying on the floor behind Phoebe.

However pain still shot through his chest, and Jason could feel what felt like a scar right where the knife had gone through.

"Wh-what did you...?"

She watched him. "Simple. I killed you." She replied coldly.

"And I... respawned?" Jason looked at her confused. He'd been scared of death the whole time, but could actually just respawn if he had died?

"Only cause I wanted you too." she answered. "That's how it works here. People only come back if we want them too."

"W-what...?" Jason's eyes widened. "Then w-what are you planning to do with me then?"

"Like I told you. Make you suffer like we have." She slightly tilted her head, watching him as he laid on the floor.

Jason only looked up at her, the pain in his chest still stinging throughout his body. He couldn't move, as it only caused more pain.

Phoebe moved to her bed and sat down on it. She hummed. "What else can I do..." she muttered.

He looked at her fearfully, wanting to tell her to stop, but he knew it wouldn't work.

"Let's see... I wonder how long it would take you to bleed out from a slightly less fatal wound..." She glanced at the discarded blade on the floor.

"P-Phoebe please...." He whimpered. "D-don't..."

"Give me a good reason and I'll think about it."

Jason sighed and looked away, trying his best to not cry again.

"So, nothing? No reason to stop?"

"I... I don't know, okay! I've hurt you! I admit it! But it doesn't have to be this way!" Jason's voice cracked a bit.

"Why?! Why shouldn't it be this way?! Why shouldn't you suffer through the same things I have?!" She snapped.

"I don't know, okay?! Just please don't hurt me!" He was crying now.

"I-" She stopped, watching him, her eyes widening. Suddenly tears were starting to spill down her own face. "I-I... Why am I crying? I shouldn't be crying!" She hissed in anger. She shoved herself off the bed, grabbed the knife and stormed over to Jason, angry. "Stop it!" She slapped him across the face with her empty hand.

Another cry echoed through the room as he fell back, the back on his head banging against the wall, he slumped down and held a hand to the side of his face.