Chapter 33

The sun was beginning to set yet again, and the group still found themselves wandering the forest. They had finally gotten far away from the destroyed canyon-scape, with no more cracks in the ground to be seen and the trees back to normal.

Jordan was starting to lag behind, trying to keep going.

Jerry made a noise of concern, gaining the others attention.

Tyler looked back at Jordan, he had stopped helping him walk a few hours ago at Jordan's request. "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine... Just... tired..." He replied, kind of out of it.

"It's getting dark, we can bunker down for the night if you'd like." Tyler gave him a small smile.

"Y-Yeah... okay..." he replied, not really paying attention.

Sqaishey looked over, concerned.

"Guys? Let's stop for the night." Tyler called over to Mitch and Jerome.

Jerome turned around with Mitch on his back as always, but he was already asleep. "Yeah, that'll be best. Mitch fell asleep hours ago."

Sqaishey nodded. "Okay then." She agreed, stopping and moving over to a nearby tree.

Jordan however seemed completely oblivious to the fact they were stopping and just kept trudging onwards.

Tyler grabbed onto the back of Jordan's jacket, stopping him from moving. "Come on bud..."

He gasped sharply and snapped his head up, his eyes glowing brighter, thus showing through his glasses for a moment before he realized it was just Tyler and he shakily relaxed, his eyes slowly dimming. "S-Sorry..."

Tyler flinched when he noticed the small flash in Jordan's eyes but tried to shake it off. He took the other's hand and led him back to the rest of the group. "It's okay..."

Jordan hesitantly followed and slowly sat down.

Tyler sat beside him while Jerome worked on getting Mitch on the ground. The bacca knelt down and gently set the other down, who immediately curled up into a ball, murmuring slightly in his sleep.

Sqaishey sat down and looked over at them, frowning seeing how shaken Jordan seemed to be.

Tyler kept looking between the two, unsure of what to do.

Across from them Jerome was lying down looking up at the stars. Mitch had snuggled up next to him for warmth.

Jordan just started to stare into space again.

Silence filled the area and after awhile everyone but Jordan was asleep.

He quietly stood up, leaving Jerry behind and stepped away from the group.

Sqaishey woke up, hearing the rustling of the grass as Jordan moved. Just out of the corner of her eye she saw him leaving, and quickly got up to follow after him

He kept walking for about two minutes before stopping in a small clearing, just standing there with his arms wrapped around himself as he fought to stay standing.

She stood quite far behind, watching him through the trees and hesitating. Eventually she took a deep sigh before walking up to him and sitting beside him. "Hey..."

He startled, turning to see who had possibly followed him, eyes glowing again before sighing in relief when it was just Sqaishey. "H-Hey..." He replied.

"Everyone else is asleep, why're you up?"

"...Not tired..." he replied, turning away slightly.

"Look at you!" She gestured towards him. "You look exhausted!"