Chapter 7

Stampy moved through the crowds around him, tears blurred his vision as he sprinted down the streets trying to get home despite knowing the others would know where to find him.

The others followed, Tyler ahead of the group.

People turned to them in confusion.

Stampy slipped past people before finally reaching his house and tried to open the door, shaking.

"Stampy!" Sqaishey called after him.

He tried to get it open faster but since he was shaking it was harder.

Tyler caught up to him but stood a few feet away from him. "S-stampy..." He stammered, holding out a hand.

Stampy tensed and stopped trying to open the door but said nothing. Tears ran down his face but he kept his back to them as the others started to arrive.

"Stampy I'm fine..." Tyler assured him. "Listen, it wasn't your fault..."

Stampy kept his hand on the doorknob still shaking as he listened, not daring to argue. He knew it wasn't but at the same time it was. He may not have had control but it was his body that attacked...

Jason ran besides Tyler. "Stamps... you ok?"

Stampy froze completely at that name, becoming stiff before finally opening the door. He hesitated before stepping inside, leaving the door open for them to follow.

Jordan and Sqaishey caught up and looked at Jason and Tyler before stepping inside.

They followed, Jason tightly gripping onto Tyler's arm.

Stampy sat down in the living room, not looking at anyone who followed him inside.

Sqaishey hesitated before sitting beside him.

Jordan sat across from them on a bar stool.

Jason leaned against the wall while Tyler stood beside him.

Stampy took a shaky breath before speaking, still not looking up. "I... I'm so sorry... I never meant to hurt anyone..."

"Listen..." Tyler took a step forward. "I'm fine ok? I get that you didn't mean to scratch me."

"But it wasn't just you! I lunged at them!" Stampy argued, looking up for the first time, eyes red from crying. "I was trying to kill them!" He turned away taking another shaky breath.

Sqaishey stared at him and looked at the others, eyes asking for help.

Jordan frowned, unsure of what to say here other than, "Do... do you know why?"

Stampy didn't respond.

Jason thought to himself before his eyes lit up with an idea. "I feel like... this has to do with our disappearance."

Stampy tensed but slowly nodded. "It... It does..."

Jordan looked surprised. "You remember?"

Stampy hesitated. "I... I remembered something..." He replied quietly.

"You what?" Jason froze and looked at Stampy.

Tyler sighed. "I know it may be rough for you to talk about it but... could you tell us?"

Stampy took another shaky breath. "I... Were... were their eyes... normal?"

Jordan looked confused. "Y-Yes?" He looked at the others for confirmation.

"I'm uh... pretty sure." Tyler nodded. "Why would they not be?"

"They... their eyes would have been... r-red..." He took another shaky breath before closing his eyes and wrapping his arms around himself starting to mutter something along the lines of, "They weren't real, they weren't real, they aren't real..."