Chapter 45

Sqaishey looked up, swearing she heard something but wasn't sure.

Jerome's ears perked up and he pulled away from Mitch. "Did you hear something?"

"I thought I did but I don't know..." she replied.

Mitch looked around, realizing that the whole group wasn't actually there. "You left Jordan and Tyler behind?!"

"Jordan wasn't able to travel and Tyler wanted me to come!"

"Oh gosh... You think something might've happened to them?"

Jerome paused. "Something definitely feels wrong..."

"We need to head back in that case."

"We should probably hurry." Jerome was already beginning to walk back.

Sqaishey nodded and followed after him.

Mitch ran behind them, arm firmly gripped on the back of Jerome's jacket.

Tyler closed his eyes, realizing there was no way out of this.

The distant sound of footsteps began to grow in the distance.

Kala had bitten into his shoulder but stopped, hearing the footsteps and reluctantly released his arm leaving a very bloody bite mark and broken arm before stepping back, snarling with blood dripping from his teeth before vanishing. "This isn't over..."

Tyler stayed on the ground. His chest quickly rose and fell and he was frozen in shock. He couldn't feel his arm as it limply lay by his side.

Jerry came out of his hiding spot and over to Tyler, seeing the blood and quickly moved to try to help as Sqaishey ran in. "Tyler?!" She cried out before seeing him and gasping. "Tyler! What happened?!"

Mitch and Jerome were right behind her. "Oh no..." Mitch covered his mouth.

Tyler stayed on the ground, his mouth open as if to say something but all that came out was a shaky sob.

Jerry was wrapped tightly around his shoulder, acting as a cast and a way to help keep him from bleeding out.

Sqaishey looked at Mitch and Jerome. "You two, make sure he's okay and tend to him the best you can, I'll check on Jordan,"

Mitch nodded and quickly knelt besides Tyler. He seemed panicked as he looked at the wound, already trying to think of ways to help him.

Jerome continued to look around the scene in an effort to understand what they had just missed.

Sqaishey saw Jordan's leg was torn up and frowned deeply. "It looks like whatever attacked Tyler tore up Jordan's leg too."

Jerome nodded. "Hopefully it doesn't look terribly bad. If we treat it right it'll heal very soon... I'm surprised he's still asleep to be honest."

"He must have been really worn out from-" Sqaishey caught herself and trailed off.

"You okay...?" Jerome tilted his head to the side.

"Y-yeah... just didn't want to touch a sensitive subject..."

Mitch looked over at her and nodded. "It's okay... feel free to say whatever..."

She still hesitated. "I think he's just tired from fighting..."

"I did um... hurt him pretty badly... I can imagine this just made it worse..." Mitch fell silent.

"What do we do? Just wait?"

"I guess we do..." Mitch picked Jerry up from Tyler's arm and handed him to Jerome. "We need to fix Tyler's arm first, it looks like it's broken." He reached his arms under Tyler's torso and helped him sit up, the other still not saying a word.