Chapter Two: Hunt

Scott and Stiles had tried to leave school, but Lydia's mother had stopped them before they could leave, and they had too wait until 3:30. We all sat in history together, watching a documentary on something, but I was falling asleep in class. I've had enough history in my lifetime...

My eyes began to slowly drift shut, my gaze on the television darkened. Within seconds, my eyes fully shut and I began too rest them. My senses dulled, as my head began to lower onto the table, until I felt my head rest on the cool surface. Before I could fully go deep into my slumber, I began to hear rain like heavy rain. It couldn't be raining as it wasn't forecast. Suddenly, thunder rumbled in my ears as lightening strikes, making me jolt awake. I looked around with haste, but the class room was empty besides Lydia who was stood to the side of me, before she had came out of whatever she was in. Her gaze met mine as I began to raise from my seat, taking my history book into my hands.

"We better go," I told her, but she just nods as we walked out of class together, silence filled us both as that was just weird. I held the book tight to my chest, as my mind went back to the thunder and the lightening, but I had also got a weird feeling which wasn't good...

.........................

Scott and Stiles had checked out the house, and Stiles wanted Lydia and mine help with something. We walk outside of the school, as Stiles flip over to the next page of a book he was reading.

"I keep feeling like it's familiar, you know? Like I've heard it before," Stiles told us as we walk side-by-side, his gaze just buried deep in the book. Lydia spoke something in French, but I didn't catch it fully as I was in my own world.

"That's French. A lingering thought you can't reach," Lydia spoke to Stiles, as we walk further away from the school.

"Ok, well, is there a French word for, feeling an overwhelming sense of urgency and impending doom?" Stiles went on, making Lydia chuckle before speaking in French once again, but this time I caught it.

"French for Banshee," I cock my gaze to the left as Lydia looked at me I offered her a smile.

"Ok, what, what does your Banshee intuition say this is?" Stiles stopped in his tracks, turning his body to look at Lydia and I.

"That you don't have to figure it all out right this second," Lydia replied to Stiles, bit on the harsh end but I knew where she was coming from.

"Lydia's right. We're not all knowledgeable about the Supernatural. Heck there's things out there we won't know," I told him softly, but he looked kind of sad about it.

"But this kid. This kid's got no one. You know, and..." Stiles took his gaze to the book, flipping the page over. "There's a reason why. There's gotta be," he was determined to find the answer. He flicks to another page, before slamming it shut as he had enough of looking. I gave him a soft expression, but out of the corner of my eye I see Lydia drift off in the distance.

"Give this man a ride, sweet family will die. Killer on the road," Lydia had mumbled to herself her gaze not meeting one of us.

"Riders on the storm?" Stiles asks.

"What?" Lydia states coming out of her trance she was in, her gaze on Stiles.

"That's the song, Riders on the storm?" Stiles told Lydia what the song was called but something in my mind clicked, like something had just came to my mind.

"That's it," Lydia spoke, making me cock my gaze to her.

"What's it?" Stiles didn't have a clue what Lydia was on about, but I think I might know where she was going with this.