Chapter Twenty-Four: Stand-Off

I stood in the Sheriff's office as two werewolves were brought into the station for murder, but also Theo was with them, but he didn't have anything to do with it

 I stood in the Sheriff's office as two werewolves were brought into the station for murder, but also Theo was with them, but he didn't have anything to do with it. Wrong place, wrong time... 

"We've got two bodies covered in slash marks. They confessed to killing two people," the Sheriff states to us meaning - Scott, Malia, Lydia, and Liam. I was standing in between Lydia and Malia. 

"Hunters," Scott defended the two teens in the jail cell. 

"People, Scott," The Sheriff shot back as it was true, they were still people. "Self-defence or not, they're still here, the other guys are dead. And there's a process I have to follow," the Sheriff was doing his job.

"Yeah, but you know what's happening around here. It's not safe for them," Scott raises a point to the Sheriff.

"This may actually be the safest place for them in Beacon Hills. At least I can protect them here," he states to us, his eyes flickering between us all. 

"Would Stiles think that?" Lydia shot at him.

"Especially if one of your Deputies is working for Gerard?" Malia states from the right of me, as she raises a good point. 

"I'm not buying that. I know these deputies like the back of my hand. I know their families, their kids, their brothers and sisters. I know who they are and I trust them," The Sheriff defended his deputies because he had faith in the all, and trusted them.

"You know who they were. There's something out there. Everyone's afraid. And it's getting worse," Liam pipes up.

"Yeah, you can't protect two werewolves from hunters if they're already on the inside," Scott stresses to the Sheriff as the situation was dire.

"It's Quinn, right?" The Sheriff took his gaze to the girl who was sat on a chair over at the window. "You're sure t was a deputy who shot you? Absolutely, One-hundred percent sure?" He asks the girl as he wanted to know the truth, she nods her head to him. 

"I saw flashing lights. A police car. I... I saw a badge, a gun, and then they shot me," Quinn recalls on what happened to her. "They shot me in the head and that's all that I remember," Quinn locked eyes with the Sheriff as that was the only information she could offer.

"There are a couple holes in her story," Sheriff spoke after taking a deep breath. 

"Maybe because there's a hole in her head," Lydia replied quickly, but Malia chuckles to herself due to the joke that was never meant to be. Everyone took their gazes to her, as she cuts herself off. 

"I'm sorry," she replied back.

"Sheriff, we need to get Jiang and Tierney out here before anyone realises that they're here," Scott rushes out to the Sheriff, because he didn't want to see them killed.

"And that them where? I can't let them go," Sheriff stresses back to us.

"But if you keep them here they're-"