Chapter Nineteen: Dead Heard

I decided to go home and get changed, as I needed something better to wear if we are going to hunt the killer through the woods. Scott, Malia and Lydia went ahead as I would meet them in the woods...

I threw on whatever my hand touched, which was a pair of sport leggings, with a space themed T-Shirt and wore some black Nike trainers

I threw on whatever my hand touched, which was a pair of sport leggings, with a space themed T-Shirt and wore some black Nike trainers. I left my apartment and went back to the woods, using my car as I wouldn't make it there using vamp-speed...

I walk through the woods, but I hear a dozen heartbeats, coming in the distance. I rushed pass trees and twigs snapped under my feet, but as I came into the a small clearing. I see Scott on top of the Sheriff, his wolf form shown, but deputy's were surrounding them. Scott's gaze lifted up to see the deputy's shining their torches at him.

"Everybody, stay back. It's just a kid," the Sheriff spoke as he was now back on his feet. His deputy's dropped their flashlights and lowered their guns.

"What's wrong with his eyes?" One of the female deputy's ask as she must have saw his eyes.

"You heard the Sheriff. Stand down," Parrish's manly voice came into play as she lowered her gun and torch. I came over to stand in front of Scott, as Malia and Lydia joined me. He stares up at us with a sadden gaze. I offer my hand out to him and he grabbed it and I pulled him to his feet. We walk over to the body which still laid in the ditch, claw marks along his chest, and the bullet wound in his head...

"I'm really sorry," I hear Scott say, aiming that to the Sheriff. "You don't think they saw anything, do you?" Scott states worried if they saw his wolf form.

"No more than they're used to," Parrish ensured him as I offered a smile.

"You wanna tell me what happened here?" The Sheriff asks us, his gaze flickering between us all.

"He's a Hellhound," Parrish points to the dead guy on the floor.

"A dead Hellhound," Malia added to the group.

"Yep, got that," Sheriff replied as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well, I don't get it. I didn't think you could kill a Hellhound," Parrish states all confused as he thought they were indestructible, but I felt everyone eyes shift to mine.

"Every living thing has a weakness. Thus, everything must die. To be fair it looks a lot easier than I imagined," I state to the group before casting my gaze to the guy on the floor.

"You got anything you wanna add?" The Sheriff spoke but his gaze was on Scott.

"Yeah," Scott spoke after a moment. "I don't think it was just any bullet," Scott told the Sheriff as Parrish crouches back down and looks at the body.

"I hope not," he states, kind of worried for himself. I'm make sure he won't be hurt or killed on my watch. I felt Scott shift as they were all ready to leave.